FSI 3039 bill valadater help

Does the mars validator physically fit?  The 3039 isn't a good machine to upgrade.  Regardless... you must first find out what kind of board is in it.  If it's a SM3 board, then you'll need a 24v harness (3 prongs on one side, not two prongs) and a mars power harness... or you need a MAKA to mars conversion harness.  Once you have the harnesses hooked up, assuming the validator works, you just need the right switches turned on and you're good to go.

What you want is a mars VN 2502 or 2512.  A 2501 or 2511 won't work if you're using a 24v data harness, and a 2502 or 2512 won't work if you're using a 110v harness.  Find out what kind of board is in the machine and take a picture of the electronics inside (including where the validator goes, where the harnesses plug in (where the original validator plugged in... should be one on the board and one on a different box near a power switch).  Those 3039's are a pain and I don't own any.

7 hours ago, Robert190011 said:

I have a FSI 3039 and I need help with what valadaters will fit in here its a 24 volt machine 

I bought a Mars and it not talking to my machine some one said its not a vn valadater

How about Mars 2512 u3 do the last numbers matter?

The last numbers just indicate the bill stacker size that it originally shipped with, 300 bills in your example, and the fact that it is an Upstacker model (U designation).  The xx12 means it's 24v (the 2) and the 1 indicates the original bill bezel it shipped with but those are interchangeable like the bill stackers are.  If the last digit is a 1 instead of a 2 then the validator is a 110v unit.

Will and ae 2451 work in this machine if I change to 115 volt and get correct harness

9 hours ago, Robert190011 said:

I have a FSI 3039 and I need help with what valadaters will fit in here its a 24 volt machine 

I bought a Mars and it not talking to my machine some one said its not a vn valadater

If you have an SM3 board and the box that allows a 24v or 110v harness, then yes.  To check for this, look inside the machine near the switch... on the top, if a validator is still plugged in, you should notice that there's one port for a 2-prong harness and one port for a 3-prong harness.  The 3-prong harness is for 24v, but the 2-prong harness is for 110v.

The AE validators are gaming validators which are $1 only and will always be enabled despite the machine condition.  In other words, if your changer is in a correct change condition and would normally disable bill acceptance, this validator will continue to accept bills which can lead to short change situations.

Archived