Royal 650 DBA/Coin Mech

I've got a Royal 650 that I'm going to replace the Coinco DBA with a mars vn series. I don't know if I've never really paid attention to it, but the DBA is 110v and the coin mech is 24v. Does that sound right? For some reason i thought they both had to be the same voltage.  Other than the bill acceptor not working correctly now, it worked fine.

Your Coinco validator may be a BA/Mag 30/50 which are the only models that had micromech and MDB connections in the same package.  That would mean that while the validator shows 110v it is also capable of interfacing to MDB at 24-34v.  If you coin mech is MDB then you need a 24v Mars with an MDB harness on it.

If this were a Royal Merlin 2000 (can machine) then you would have a 110v validator with a 24v mech with neither being MDB in most circumstances.  But yes, as AZVendor said, you probably have a Y harness coming off of the coinco hooking up to an MDB harness.  Any MDB validator should work, but I recommend either a 2512/2502 with $5 acceptance or a 2702/2712.

Archived