DN 2045 evaporator frosted up - how do you inspect the evaporator fan?

I've got a DN 2045 on location that has the whole front of the evaporator frosted up - to the point where you can't get more then 3 or 4 cans in that bottom right selection (how I noticed the frost - low volume account that I have neglected, and did not do a proper inspection of the machine when I bought the route)

Still not clear on how you access the evaporator area - specifically the evap fan motor - do shelves have to come out?  Or is there a way to get at it from behind? (that's what she said!) 

Most of the cooling deck is accessible from the back of the machine, just not sure how to get at the parts on the side of the cabinet - hoping I don't have to pull shelves.....

Been busy learning about these 2145's & 5591's after using stackers exclusively for years - been busy replacing/upgrading coin mech's & vals, fixing errors, replacing slides & pushers, etc.  Time to start figuring out the cooling decks as the warm weather will start to put stress on these things...

TIps? 

You need to first check for a large air leak such as no delivery door flap or a broken door, a bad seal around the door or cabinet not level, poor seal around the recovery unit, etc.  There are lots of places that a Bevmax can leak air.  If those check out then you either have a bad evaporator fan (defrost it and find out) or more likely you have low freon.  If this is a cooling unit that the condenser faces left instead of forward then those cooling decks don't even come out of the machines.  To access the evaporator you must remove the bottom two shelves and then the metal plenum above the evaporator.  The fan is in there but you better hope you don't need to change it, it's a golpher to do.

Archived