Simple Math: Buying machines isn't always simple

Buying machines cheap isn't always wise. I have a reliable used supplier, who can sell me a Vendo 720 for $1250 up and running or $1500 refurbished. I, being a mathematical genius buy 2 Royal 650s for $800. I have to drive 10 miles to get them. 800 + 100 gas + All day travel. Truck has issues and I have to overnight. 800 + 100 + 75 motel + Day and a half. One Royal is screwed up when I get back. 800 + 100 + 75 + repair costs + half day to take it to repair guy. So 2 inexpensive machines cost me 2 days, $1000, a truck tire, a repair bill and the I have to pay to have them installed. On the other hand I could have sat at home, paid $2500 total, and he would have called me when it was installed. (free install when I buy his machines) so I could fill them up. I live I learn I forget and I relearn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yup.  Craigslist is usually buying other peoples problems.   If you aren't prepared to work on used machines, some extensively, then buying peace of mind doesn't look so bad. Around here no one has learned that and people expect that a refurbished machine shouldn't cost more than a similar looking machine from Craigslist.  Craigslist cuts both ways.

Unless you can repair them yourself then stick with someone that you trust that refurbishes the machines . You might be able to get your guy to checkout a machine before you buy it , he might only charge you a service call to do that .
Then negotiate the price with the seller. Example , if your guy will charge you 50$ to check it out and the move will cost 100$ then try to negotiate the price down 150$ .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived