Putting Road Runner back together

trudysand

Brand new to vending. We have a 4 foot something Road Runner. Took it apart to clean the inside and now I can't get it back together. All I did to take it apart was unscrew the thing in the coin tray, took the globe and cylinder off, but kept the main rod in place. Once I tried screwing it back in place the tightening rod thing keep hitting the dispenser area and it was/is super difficult to turn and tighten. Got it all tightened and the glob and cylinder still lifts off the base. So I figured I did something wrong, now attempting to unscrew it again but every time I try, my arms hit the side of the opening and I gave myself massive bruises, so I can't even unscrew it now. Is there another way to unscrew it? Does anyone have any tips for me? I'm beyond frustrated and wish I never took it apart! Been looking for videos of someone putting it back together with no luck. 

Solution- sort of. We ended up cutting the rod so we could un-do it and fix it the right way. But now since we cut it, the cash part won't lock. Need a replacement. Does anyone know if you can buy the L bracket for road runners at a regular hardware store?

Archived