What's causing the deck to freeze and how can I fix it?

Since it doesn't look like you have water sitting in the cabinet it looks like a large air leak is causing it.  Check the bottom edge of the inner door seal, that the T-handle actually snugs the door down and doesn't skip when tightening, that you have a drain hose on the cabinet, and make sure you have a delivery door flap that isn't broken, warped or missing and that it actually closes when it's supposed to.  Check for the closing while the main door is closed because that is different than when the door is open.

If it's none of that then check the freon charge and evaporator fan operation.  From that motor there I can see that it's a Vendo and you should have two evaporator fans of which one could be suspect.

Too add to AZ's advice, also make sure the machine is NOT pushed up against the wall.  You need to have airflow behind the machine, otherwise the air won't circulate.  This can cause the moisture to stay in the machine and freeze up on the cooling unit like this.  I know here in Michigan, it's been SUPER HUMID.  Make sure that you have at least six inches of space behind the machine for airflow.

Too add to AZ's advice, also make sure the machine is NOT pushed up against the wall.  You need to have airflow behind the machine, otherwise the air won't circulate.  This can cause the moisture to stay in the machine and freeze up on the cooling unit like this.  I know here in Michigan, it's been SUPER HUMID.  Make sure that you have at least six inches of space behind the machine for airflow.

Hello flint flash..... From Michigan! (My neighbor)

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Archived