Route planning

QuikVend

I've been looking at different ideas on how to start mapping out routes and locations that make sense. I've seen quite a few ideas and I've seen others have had the sand issues. I stumbled upon a route planning app that may be a perfect fit, for me at least. Look up Road Warrior. For $5/mo. or $50/yr. you can create routes of up to 120 stops and it will optimize. It will also navigate and you can mark the locations as you visit. You can set business hours if each location as well and that can be factored into routing also. I've only been looking at it for a few minutes, but it might be an excellent option for vending route management. 

no need to pay, you probably wont hit more than 20 locations a day, mapquest.com does up to 26 locations, with traffic, and it will organize the stops for you, so no more fidgeting of where to go 1st. its free, the only thing is its a bit annoying sometimes when they run the updates, 

if you have workers, its also good to split each map per worker, as no 2 workers will be in the same area at the same time.

whatever you don't finish in 1 day, you can use for the next, delete what you serviced already and add the new locations to be serviced, ive ben using it for years

road warrior is for truckers mostly, if you're doing local, save the $50!

I'm not all local. I have an out of town bulk route as well as a fairly large FCVG route. I'd rather spend a few bucks a month to let the app optimize my 3-400 locations and always have them saved, rather than re-entering and doing 25 at a time. I've been using Voyager up until now,which is free, but it only optimized the first 20-30 total stops and I maxed out the number of locations easily. 

I prefer Garmin,  with their program I can build a 60 stop route and splits it into  2 or 3 smaller routes for the gps. 

Then every time I run that route I just pull it up.  It's free when you have a Garmin GPS. 

A Little slow on bigger routes unless you have a faster computer,  I use my laptop. 

I haven't changed my mint route in about a year?  

where can I find this voyager program? I cant see myself doing more than 25 locations on a daily, in or out of town, if you have workers, they wont be able to more than you can, planning 3 - 400 locations is great, but whose going to do them all in one day? there's a reason it only optimizes the 1st 30 locations, you're not doing more than that in any day, and what happens when you don't finish the route? you have to go through the remaining 370, 340, 310 and so on, waste of time. MapQuest I put in my locations and I'm gone, you cant optimize a route once you're on the road, if you hit traffic, you're in it! leave the rest to gps on your phone, that's the best you'll get with up to date mapping.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, rodney69 said:

I prefer Garmin,  with their program I can build a 60 stop route and splits it into  2 or 3 smaller routes for the gps. 

Then every time I run that route I just pull it up.  It's free when you have a Garmin GPS. 

A Little slow on bigger routes unless you have a faster computer,  I use my laptop. 

I haven't changed my mint route in about a year?  

give me a call when you get a chance

9one773one389one

44 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

where can I find this voyager program? I cant see myself doing more than 25 locations on a daily, in or out of town, if you have workers, they wont be able to more than you can, planning 3 - 400 locations is great, but whose going to do them all in one day? there's a reason it only optimizes the 1st 30 locations, you're not doing more than that in any day, and what happens when you don't finish the route? you have to go through the remaining 370, 340, 310 and so on, waste of time. MapQuest I put in my locations and I'm gone, you cant optimize a route once you're on the road, if you hit traffic, you're in it! leave the rest to gps on your phone, that's the best you'll get with up to date mapping.

My route driver does about 25 in a day bulk,  but what about over night trips? 

He also does 60+ on mint boxes in one day. If I was doing it,  I would service 30+ bulk in a day.  

Mapquest can also burn your phone out if using daily.  That's why we use gps. A lot cheaper than a new phone. 

Archived