mystery 501E

Hey everyone, so its been a while since ive been on this forum. Everything has just been going well, but a couple weeks ago I got a call that a 501E machine wasn't cooling. I didn't think much of it, got to the location, opened the door and found that the condensing motor wasnt spinning. This is a pepsi leased machine, so i just go get a cooling deck from them put it in and the compressor kicks in but it just didn't impress me to much because usually they start cooling pretty quick and getting a little frost on the evaporator etc. Anyway I turned the thermostat and could feel the compressor kick in and everything. Turned the thermostat a little colder just for safety. So i get the call today that the sodas are hot again. I haven't made it back out to look at the machine, but anyone have any ideas of what could be happening? What are the chances of getting a bad cooling deck?

Assuming the thermostat is good, there's no reason to change the setting. It won't cool any faster.

The deck could be bad. The thermostat could be bad. Or the evaporator motor could be bad.  There's also the chance that someone or something is turning power off at night.

You can't just blindly turn the thermostat knob.  The thermostat needs to be set to 3 1/2 and left there.  If the machine doesn't cool then you have another issue.  More symptoms are needed.  By the way, why didn't you just change the condenser fan on the old unit?  Why go to the trouble of changing the unit out?

9 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You can't just blindly turn the thermostat knob.  The thermostat needs to be set to 3 1/2 and left there.  If the machine doesn't cool then you have another issue.  More symptoms are needed.  By the way, why didn't you just change the condenser fan on the old unit?  Why go to the trouble of changing the unit out?

because it was easy and free..  I can't just blindly turn the knob? .. well i did.. so i have proven that it is possible. Did turning the thermostat a touch cooler stop the machine from cooling down? NO!!  thanks anyway. I now see that there is nothing else involved in the cooling system that would keep it from cooling down (as I thought in the beginning). I think sometimes you guys tune in to exactly what is accepted here on this forum and are quick to correct anything that doesn't line up with those guidelines, maybe you all are all online wanna be forum big shots, I'm not sure. I used to really like and enjoy this forum.

I thought we were giving you pretty useful, sound responses.  What's wrong with correcting you? You can literally create a huge mess if you turn the thermostat too cold.  I have been corrected many times.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, AngryChris said:

Assuming the thermostat is good, there's no reason to change the setting. It won't cool any faster.

The deck could be bad. The thermostat could be bad. Or the evaporator motor could be bad.  There's also the chance that someone or something is turning power off at night.

Chris, I apologize to you and others for my blanket post, I do understand that you were saying that there really isn't a need to adjust any cooler. I do understand that and agree. My issue really is with AZ, I still have a bad taste in my mouth over a deal that we had maybe close to two years ago. He said he had a board for a certain machine, he said he needed pictures so I sent several, I wait days with no response. Eventually i start asking him why no reply, and I never hear from him again. I post on this forum about looking for a board or repair service and he immediately pipes up for me to just contact him. I then remind him that i did and all the emails etc. He immediately goes silent again, very unprofessional. But then he wants to get on here like some vending God or something haha. He is very knowledgeable I will say that, and I bought several things from him previously, but his treatment of that last deal was very unprofessional and cost me the account because i kept waiting on him. He could have responded with anything and it would have been ok. Sorry I can't come up with one or its going to take months to get one or you will have to send in your board to have repaired etc.

I don't want to be a nay sayer, but, if it is a pepsi leased machine, shouldn't they fix it for you.  I have several pepsi and coke leased machines and they do the repairs for me.  Usually in 1 -3 days.  If you must fix it are you sure the seal is good and the drain hose clear and flowing,  we have wasp and spiders that like to clog the drain hose causing machine to freeze up.  If it is then thaw machine completely (hair dryer works for us) then turn back on.  As far as board repair. I have used Capital Vending, they have done me right, they have website by same name.  For me they have my credit card on file, I order a lot from them.  I would trust them, they are in the northeast US and I am in Fla.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Snoopy, around here (Springfield Mo) Pepsi charges $100 for a service call if they must send a tech out. Most repairs I will do before I will spend the $100. Thanks for the lead on the board supplier.

• 1 month later...

Wow.  I didn't know that Pepsi or Coke charged anything.  Maybe because I have to buy 2 cases per machine per week at $10.00 a case.  Anyway if I can help you any further just let me know....good luck.

Archived