honor box pricing

Jaimes

7 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

Hi Jaimes, where abouts in WA are you at? I'm also in WA closer to Tacoma. I don't do as many honor boxes anymore, but I still have a few out there. 

Hello there,

I do Spokane, WA

Collection report:

25 lollipop boxes in place. $220.00 collected on 10 days service interval.

Restaurants are the most profitable places.

Boxes placed near the cashier have less shrinkage.

In my area most Asian restaurants will say yes to the box if they don't have a candy box in place already.

Mexican restaurants most often say yes to placing a candy box even if they have one already.

I started to check the paper wrap on each lollipop, some wraps were loosed and ants were taking over the box.

Wearing the charity badge increased the acceptance rate.

Box rejection calls have slowed down to 1 per week.

I am placing an average of 7 new boxes per week, the first week was the worst. Everyday I would get calls rejecting boxes.

I go out hunting for new locations 3 times a week about 2 hours per day. For now, I look for businesses with good foot traffic, near my house.

About 90% of chain restaurants reject the box on the spot or they call later to reject the accepted box.

Collection report #2 August:

34 lollipop boxes in place. serviced 19 boxes collected $182.21 on 10 days service interval.

Some nail salons are pretty profitable.

Some restaurants in my area already have a candy box in place from some pink ribbon charity.

Offices are the least profitable, however with less shrinkage.

I noticed candy boxes from Sheridian deteriorate faster than the boxes I ordered from CharityVending

• 4 weeks later...

3rd collection August.

12 day service

43 locations

removed 3 boxes (low earners)

Collected $374.90

Best earners: restaurants, nail salon, fast food places.

Worst earners: any offices

I am cleaning locations before adding more boxes. I've marked in my spreadsheet locations with high shrinkage. For now I opted for adding a little note to the box "please deposit money"

12 hours ago, Jaimes said:

3rd collection August.

12 day service

43 locations

removed 3 boxes (low earners)

Collected $374.90

Best earners: restaurants, nail salon, fast food places.

Worst earners: any offices

I am cleaning locations before adding more boxes. I've marked in my spreadsheet locations with high shrinkage. For now I opted for adding a little note to the box "please deposit money"

You're off and running!  Don't get discouraged by offices, they can be some of your higher volume.  I was confused by a couple of your earlier posts and had a couple questions.  You mentioned Candy Boxes and Snack Boxes.  Are the Candy Boxes referring to the Lollipop Boxes and Bulk Candy type honor box, while the Snack Box is referring to the traditional Honor Box with LSS Chips, Full size candy bars, cookies, crackers, etc. ?  Just making sure I understand your updates.  Remember that that the Lollipop/Bulk Candy honor boxes and the Snack Tray honor boxes are two different animals that function a little differently.  The Lollipop boxes will thrive in the public space (on a counter or in a waiting area), while the Snack Tray is geared for the breakroom or back office (just for the employees).  Small Industrial shops and offices can be some of your highest volume accounts for Snack trays.  Looking at your update, I noticed between the 43 serviced stops, you averaged about $8.72/box.  That seems a little low for Snack Trays, but I am assuming that you have the Lollipop boxes combined in there as well.  Try to look at them separately.  Naturally, Restaurants, nail salons and fast food joints will be GREAT accounts for Lollipop boxes, but definitely not snack trays.  Offices will be much more suited for snack trays than lollipop boxes, so try to look at them separately.  Also, don't be too stingy on your shortage targets.  With Snack trays, we try to target under 20% short. Trying to target 10%, 5% or even less is unrealistic.  You don't want to burn up your territory by pulling too many accounts.  It will make it difficult later to try and resell the area.  Just my 2 cents.  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!  You're off to a good start! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 6:13 AM, flintflash said:

You're off and running!  Don't get discouraged by offices, they can be some of your higher volume.  I was confused by a couple of your earlier posts and had a couple questions.  You mentioned Candy Boxes and Snack Boxes.  Are the Candy Boxes referring to the Lollipop Boxes and Bulk Candy type honor box, while the Snack Box is referring to the traditional Honor Box with LSS Chips, Full size candy bars, cookies, crackers, etc. ?  Just making sure I understand your updates.  Remember that that the Lollipop/Bulk Candy honor boxes and the Snack Tray honor boxes are two different animals that function a little differently.  The Lollipop boxes will thrive in the public space (on a counter or in a waiting area), while the Snack Tray is geared for the breakroom or back office (just for the employees).  Small Industrial shops and offices can be some of your highest volume accounts for Snack trays.  Looking at your update, I noticed between the 43 serviced stops, you averaged about $8.72/box.  That seems a little low for Snack Trays, but I am assuming that you have the Lollipop boxes combined in there as well.  Try to look at them separately.  Naturally, Restaurants, nail salons and fast food joints will be GREAT accounts for Lollipop boxes, but definitely not snack trays.  Offices will be much more suited for snack trays than lollipop boxes, so try to look at them separately.  Also, don't be too stingy on your shortage targets.  With Snack trays, we try to target under 20% short. Trying to target 10%, 5% or even less is unrealistic.  You don't want to burn up your territory by pulling too many accounts.  It will make it difficult later to try and resell the area.  Just my 2 cents.  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!  You're off to a good start! :)

Thank you flintflash.

You are right about the candy boxes and snack trays differences regarding location and target. I currently have 50 lollipops boxes, they average $9 per collection cycle (10 days). I stay away from the snack trays for now, they require more work stocking wise. I've pulled 4 lollipops boxes since I started (August), these were low, low producers. I've purchase more boxes now, I don't think I will be pulling more boxes for now even for low producers. Most of my locations are in a 10 miles radio, it doesn't hurt to service a low producer on my way to a high producer location. cheers.

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, njvend101 said:

CAn someone please tell me if and what insurance is required to operate a charitiy box vending buisness?

I don't believe that there is any special insurance for the Charity boxes.  I'm assuming that you are talking about the lollipop/mint charity boxes.  I would recommend looking into a normal business liability policy (just to cover your rear).  You don't have employees so no work comp policy is needed.  And I would imagine that you are using your personal vehicle, so you already have an auto policy.  Other than registering your business and getting a tax ID number (FEIN), I would think you should be good to go.  You may want to find an accountant or business lawyer to check with and make sure you have your bases covered, but that should be it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 5:27 PM, Jaimes said:

First week.

I placed 14 lollipops boxes from the locator and 4 of my own finding this week. These lollipops boxes are labeled with AAFLC charity.  It has been easy to find locations on my own. In fact it is easier for me to go cold than going of the list of locations provided. On my way to the address in my list, I see many placement opportunities; I usually find replacement locations for rejected boxes within the same neighborhood of my rejected box . Out of the 18 boxes placed, 2 were rejected via phone after placement.

Last week I ordered 25 lollipop boxes from Sheridian, they haven’t arrive yet. My 50 snack boxes from Cameron packaging arrived last week, I am putting them together to commence placement next week.

I started doing this as a challenge to myself. I have a good business in a different industry, which requires little time and attention. It basically runs itself. My business model has allowed me to travel the world in motorcycle while I earn a good living. So I am not planning on replacing my business with this activity, but to challenge myself in a different industry.

My approach to this activity is very relaxed; however I have a goal of 40 lollipops boxes and 40 snack boxes by the end of August.

I’ll keep my weekly updates as long as I have something interesting to write about.

Did you get the pictures for the top of your boxes from aaflc? I keep seeing thus picture of a little girl.. but I didn't get those..was just wondering if you had to print them or what your box looks like. I just started and I'm going with aaflc

Archived