Machine Locator

I'm at a point where my other the jobs are keeping me quite busy and I'm ready to grow...

I wouldn't mind paying a locator for an account but it seems like more people have bad things to say than good...

I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on locators? The big accounts are hard to get as a small vendor and right now I cant justify quitting a job...

Or perhaps... What works for getting new accounts? I was considering identifying some targets, and sending out some new personalised letters?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The problem with many locators is that they will find an account, qualify the account, then turn it over to YOU to close the account.  Others will close the account for you, but it may be a small account with marginal to little usage.  At least that has been my experience.  Since it's Summer, I would hire a college kid to knock on a few doors for you.  Pay them per account (or per machine) that they place and set your parameters for what is an "acceptable" account.  You could even give them an incentive for an account that does "X" amount of dollars per week.  I am never one for paying someone "under the table", but I get understand when someone is starting out, sometimes you "gotta do what you gotta do."  The fliers are also a good idea: simple and easy enough to throw out there.  but you will still need time to make a sales call to close the account.  Most accounts will want to talk to you first before committing to using your service.  Good luck!  I hope you can grow the way you want to! :) 

11 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

I'm at a point where my other the jobs are keeping me quite busy and I'm ready to grow...

I wouldn't mind paying a locator for an account but it seems like more people have bad things to say than good...

I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on locators? The big accounts are hard to get as a small vendor and right now I cant justify quitting a job...

Or perhaps... What works for getting new accounts? I was considering identifying some targets, and sending out some new personalised letters?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

locators are great! I started from scratch, they are very slow and annoying when it comes to getting locations, it all depends on where you are. they have placed 70% of my machines, and I am continuing to place more, just keep in mind, for very 2 units that go out, 1 comes back in, do not expect miracles, if you order less than 10 locations they make you wait, and you cant order anymore unless they finish the 1st order, I like to start off slow, 3 to 5 locations, test the locator, then continue. each locator has their own specialty, as in Spanish places, or corporate locations, or mom and pop shops, that will all depend on the locator you choose to work with. not the best idea to pay upfront, but sometimes you'll have no choice, make sure that they are aware that you will recommend them if they are good. I recently went back to my original locator, lets see what happens

Yes it's better to get your own locations because you don't have to pay anyone. However, let's be realistic! When you're starting out, you're probably working another job and don't have time to approach a lot of potential locations. Locators are great and have helped me build my company. Yes, many are simply appt setters but I'm cool with that. If you can find a professional locator in your area that will actually go to the locations then you're golden. If not, I would recommend quality vending locations as a locating company. Charged me $200 up front and $200 when the deal is closed. Found me a quality location, but you have to be realistic. They're not going to find you a hotel that wants 20 machines. 

On 7/10/2017 at 4:17 PM, Corvus Corax said:

Sorry to jump a thread, but does anyone a good locator in MD, or who services MD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

vendinglocator4u.com

ok

kickstartlocations.com

they are both very good

Archived