Dual Coil 5 Wide Machine

troyvc

Hey, i'm looking to get into the vending business, but i'm having trouble deciding on machines. Should I go with bulk candy vending, or look online for used snack/drink machines? I have roughly $2k to invest into this. If I were to go with a snack machine, I would probably be looking for something less than $500. Attached is one example I found for $250. Fully functional and takes coins and bills. What do you guys think of this deal? Okay for a first machine, or would I be better off buying a few bulk candy machines?

vending machine.jpg

I don't know what model that is. It might be a signature model. You probably should avoid it.  Bulk is much easier to get into, but the potential with full line is much greater in my opinion.

8 hours ago, troyvc said:

Hey, i'm looking to get into the vending business, but i'm having trouble deciding on machines. Should I go with bulk candy vending, or look online for used snack/drink machines? I have roughly $2k to invest into this. If I were to go with a snack machine, I would probably be looking for something less than $500. Attached is one example I found for $250. Fully functional and takes coins and bills. What do you guys think of this deal? Okay for a first machine, or would I be better off buying a few bulk candy machines?

vending machine.jpg

I agree with AZVendor, do some more reading around here and build an understanding of what bulk vending and full-line vending(snack and soda machines) is like. Then you can decide which is a better fit. 

Personally, I'd recommend getting into vending by stating with a few bulk vending machines. The lower initial investment is perfect for someone new to vending. If you end up not liking it out getting burned out, you're only out a few hundred dollars and you can literally just pick up the machines and get rid of them. With full-line vending, you'll have a higher investment and a greater possibility for more income, but they're big and heavy machines so you'll want to be certain that is something you want to do since you don't want to be moving machines constantly. Bulk vending is where I started and I've enjoyed it since the beginning. I've branched off into full-line as well. 

Whichever you decide to do, don't buy anything until checking in here. This forum can steer you clear of overpaying for a machine or unknowingly buying junk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

DO NOT buy that machine.  It is a Lektrovend that has been out of production for 20 years.

It's obvious that you haven't read through the forum for a few weeks or months.  Just monitoring what is posted here in the course of a month will teach you a lot.  You should also use the search function generously to learn more about what you think you want to do.  

If you want to start in soda and snack vending then do it with just soda to begin with.  You can buy good used inexpensive ($500 or less) can soda machines that are fairly easy to place and operating them will teach you the ins and outs of vending to a great extent.  Stick to cans in the beginning because they are easy to get, easy to vend and have the longest shelf life.  You don't want to even think about snack machines until you can place 5 or more of them at the same time to control the stales that are common with snacks when some products don't sell fast enough.

Yeah I was talking to the owner of the machine and he told me it was old, but he had upgraded the coin and bill acceptor. Thanks for the tip, though. I'll try to find something newer. I've been monitoring the forum for a while and searching, but i'd rather have the most up-to-date opinions. Markets are always changing and I don't wanna base my business off of old information :) What do you guys think of Vendo Vue 40s? That robotic arm seems like it would have a lot of mechanical issues down the road.

Edited by troyvc

You didn't search for the Vendo Vue here or you would know to stay away from them.  You don't need anything that complicated or fancy anyway unless you're going to go against our advice and start with 12oz can machines.

Glass front drink machines are nice looking and great for a lot of locations, but require more in terms of merchandising and product variety.  Cans in stack machines are a good start to learn.  Vendo in general does not impress me; Dixie Narco or Royal beverage machines are my first choice.

• Like 1