Need advice cooling my snack machine in LA's heat wave

ccleven

So I'm completely new to the vending world and I have a Rowe 4900 snack machine that I had to stop stocking because all the candy is melting in this hot weather.  If someone could please guide me to remedy - I'd really appreciate it.  I know there's chillers like simplicool but those are too expensive for me.  Where do I find something to cool this snack machine down?  I heard of people putting home Air conditioning units in there. How do you do that?  Please help.  all my profits are melting away! lol

Chad

I've had locations similar. I simply had to let the location know I couldn't sell chocolate until the weather cooled down. I think you'd spend more trying to remedy the situation than you would gain. 

1 hour ago, QuikVend said:

I've had locations similar. I simply had to let the location know I couldn't sell chocolate until the weather cooled down. I think you'd spend more trying to remedy the situation than you would gain. 

I've done the same thing here in Florida.

I have some used Chill Factors that I can send you if you insist on running chocolate on this location.  They mount to the top of your machine and will drop the temperature about 20 degrees inside the machine.  You'll have to cut two rectangular holes in the top of the machine and drill two mounting holes.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

If it's a good account, get a machine with a built-in chiller.  If it's not a good account (doesn't do at least $100/week in snack sales) then don't bother.... just leave the chocolate out during hot weather.  Your Rowe 4900 might have so many air leaks that it could be impossible to realistically cool it.

Archived