One heck of a jam...

A screw driver does the job when they are hard to remove.

Even on a super strong can? What is the method with the screwdriver?

Honestly I'm thinking i need to bring some shears, razors, hammers, etc...

I dont think there is a way to push the can through on either side....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The rods are covered with a metal bracket on the front of the stack. The rod goes in the center of each motor all the way from front to back. Make sure both columns are unloaded or you will have a mess. 

I just recently changed the motors on a Royal. It's actually really simple. Empty the front and rear columns, loosen the screw of the rod cover and turn it out of the way, slowly slide your rod out (I would only pull it out a few inches, that would probably give you enough wiggle room to pull the can out, but no more than a foot), and reverse to reinstall. 

You said that's a wittern, not a royal.  The rotors do look similar, not sure if there is a rod the same as royal, but the general idea is the rotor will have to come out if you can't bend the can.  Maybe a large pair of slip joint pliers to help crush the can?

4 hours ago, CapitalCityVendingLLC said:

coconut water...?

If someone asked me to put that in a drink machine....I'm not sure what my exact answer would be but it definitely wouldn't be "ok". lol

Does it sell well?

I KILL IT with the coconut water! Coconut warter is very hip and in favor amongst millennials.. I have two accounts with about 20-30 millennial employees, they drink that stuff up! And each sale is $1 profit, so that's nice. 

6 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

You said that's a wittern, not a royal.  The rotors do look similar, not sure if there is a rod the same as royal, but the general idea is the rotor will have to come out if you can't bend the can.  Maybe a large pair of slip joint pliers to help crush the can?

It is pretty much the same.  I literally just changed out 8 motors on a CB 700 (which is the larger version of the CB 500) and you do the same thing.  You take the cover off (if it's there), pull the rod out (I had to use pliers to get started on some) and the rotors will be able to be moved.  If you pull the rod out far enough, you can completely drop the rotor with the motor on it.  The only thing that actually holds the rotors in place is the rod.  It's just a pain to get it back in without enough light to see.

3 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

It is pretty much the same.  I literally just changed out 8 motors on a CB 700 (which is the larger version of the CB 500) and you do the same thing.  You take the cover off (if it's there), pull the rod out (I had to use pliers to get started on some) and the rotors will be able to be moved.  If you pull the rod out far enough, you can completely drop the rotor with the motor on it.  The only thing that actually holds the rotors in place is the rod.  It's just a pain to get it back in without enough light to see.

It was a pain to get it back in!

What I learned is this: the trick to getting it back in is to push up on the rotor, rather than messing with the rod too much.  Simply push up on the back of the rotor and wiggle the rod a little until it goes in.  Beyond that, you just have to keep moving the rotor around and wiggling the rod until it goes into the back of the cabinet.  The first one I did was a pain, but the other 3 rods became progressively easier once I had the technique down (and enough light to see).

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 8:28 PM, AngryChris said:

What I learned is this: the trick to getting it back in is to push up on the rotor, rather than messing with the rod too much.  Simply push up on the back of the rotor and wiggle the rod a little until it goes in.  Beyond that, you just have to keep moving the rotor around and wiggling the rod until it goes into the back of the cabinet.  The first one I did was a pain, but the other 3 rods became progressively easier once I had the technique down (and enough light to see).

There's another lesson here - keep an open mind. I don't know what I'd think if someone asked me to sell coconut water but my initial reaction wouldn't be 'oh goody'. (I hate coconut.) Making a buck a pop off that stuff, and from millenials who don't seem to look at pricing, is a nice deal.

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

There's another lesson here - keep an open mind. I don't know what I'd think if someone asked me to sell coconut water but my initial reaction wouldn't be 'oh goody'. (I hate coconut.) Making a buck a pop off that stuff, and from millenials who don't seem to look at pricing, is a nice deal.

I don't know why you quoted me lol. I said nothing about coconut water. 

Sorry, didn't mean to quote you when talking about the coconut water. But my comment still stands - I know my initial reaction to that would be 'BLEAH!!' I'm not sure I could even keep that stuff down. But if it's profitable, why not... 

Archived