How to buy a machine?

Hi everyone, i'm from El Salvador and i'm negotiating a new location; currently i only have Pop Machines but they want an snack machine too.

What would you recommend? Buy a refurbished machine (from A&M for example) or buy something on Ebay, usedvending? I want them DEX capable and with drop sensor (with InONE for example) because it's better for take control over your cashflow and avoid claims.

Please keep in mind that i need to pay an extra 28% due VAT and customs taxes over the CIF price, the gross margin of a snack can be near of 0.15$ and 60 of cautive market per day on that location.

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

Personally I would only trust a reputable refurbisher when just starting out, but you will pay a premium.

Ebay and Craigslist deals can be cheaper but the vast majority of sellers will not be able to palletize and ship a machine, nor offer any support or warranty.

You'll want an MDB/ dex capable machine for sure. Make sure the snack selections are dual spiral, and use product kickers on the candy selections. With those 2 things and good loading practices, missed vends will be kept to a minimum even without drop sensors.

AP 123 or Crane/ National 167 are a good bet. Well built with all the features you need and parts are common.

I use USI 35xx machines which are also great but a little newer and thus more costly.

I bring machines into Canada from USA and even that can get expensive with the shipping and customs fees.

8 hours ago, sorianocarlos said:

Hi everyone, i'm from El Salvador and i'm negotiating a new location; currently i only have Pop Machines but they want an snack machine too.

What would you recommend? Buy a refurbished machine (from A&M for example) or buy something on Ebay, usedvending? I want them DEX capable and with drop sensor (with InONE for example) because it's better for take control over your cashflow and avoid claims.

Please keep in mind that i need to pay an extra 28% due VAT and customs taxes over the CIF price, the gross margin of a snack can be near of 0.15$ and 60 of cautive market per day on that location.

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

Given that you're a long way off from any customer support , I'd spend the extra money on a good refurbished AMS machine from A&M as it will be ready to vend and they should be equipped to ship it to you unlike mos tCraigslist and Ebay sellers.

Thanks for your valuable answers, i'll sure pay a little more for a refurbished good looking machine.

I was thinking in an AP111 due the few visitors.

Do you think putting a Royal Vendor GIII and AP 111 into a school with an average of 60-80 visitors per day (maybe not the same ones) with no cafeteria, worth it?

I can't say if that's worth it because your demographics are completely different from ours. I can tell you this: soda sales are often 1:1 ratio with cans and about 5:3 bottles to snacks. So you'll need to learn your own sales.

As for the machines, the g3 is good but I prefer the Merlin 4.  A Dixie Narco 501E is very good too.

The AP 111 is a version of the 110 series and it has a shallow cabinet. So, despite having 32 selections, it is only 60% the capacity of a 112 with the same selections. It might not be a problem but just be aware.

The AP 110 series are good machines and relatively easy to work on, but they are NOT MDB compatible.  However, you can upgrade it with an inOne or ve UCB and have all of the features you want.  Just don't overpay for an older machine that isn't upgraded.  I think $700~ for an AP 112 in good shape is fair.  Upgrade it and you have a very solid machine.  It might be worth it to go for an AP 122 or national 167 for the price though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived