Honor Box damaged 4 times in a row...

I have the Pink Ribbon Honor box with lollipops, one of my best locations that I have had over a year has been broken into 4 times in last month in a half, once even the zip tie had been cut.  The honor Box sits on the counter by cash register. The owners are a couple, they have always been very nice.  About a month and a half ago I exchanged a box and taped it real good on the end so that it would not get broken into again( thinking it was a customer) the wife and another man (not owner) were there, this other man took the box from me and he looked at the tape, she said the next box is his.  I laughed thinking she was joking.  (I can be so naive at times) my husband says keep fixing box and taking in. I need advice please.

It doesn't how good an account WAS, if they are ripping you off (and 4 times, no less) and the business owner doesn't seem to care, I'd pull the account.  You don't have to put up with that, after all you are in business to provide a living for you and your family.  Don't sweat losing an account like this.  Concentrate on finding new accounts, grow your business and move on. :) 

You're are SOOOOOO right.  It is frustrating and unfortunately, that is the nature of the honor snack business.  I've been in this business for 23 years and that is one thing that will never change.  But keep moving forward, never stop selling.  Accounts will come and go, and a few will stick with you for a long time, but always keeping putting on new accounts.  We just lost a 3 box account, because they added a second shift that keeps stealing the money that the first shift puts into the coin box.  It stinks to lose them, but we can't afford to eat the loss month after month.  We'll probably move them to a vending machine if we can, or check back with them in 6 months and try the boxes again.  But we'll move on and search for the next great account. :) 

• 3 months later...

another option is to use the acrylic boxes with the top lock. BUT, if its a determined thief, they will keep stealing. i had one really good location, then the cardboard display kept getting ripped. then, i decided to put in a acrylic box. guess what happened? someone pushed the pin out (that holds the lid on) to get to the money, now tell me.... did a customer do this, while standing at the register? i think NOT!! needless to say, we pulled it. sad, but it truely is the nature. 

I would have just pulled it, the owners seem to not have enough time to be bothered but want you around which is sweet of them which is whatever they have to run the store.

But if you really really wanna keep the spot and stop theft read the thread here its in the mega bulk section.

Apparently somone had a issue with theft and put this power that turns your hands purple for a couple days if you touch it. I guess just make sure to wear gloves and dont let it touch you and sprinkle it on a dollar put it on the bottom of the box. You should read the thread and do research to make sure if thats what you wanna do. 

Someone might disagree saying it's too extreme and might kick you out but at this point the account isnt even worth it since it wont stop. 

Keep it simple.  If the account does not improve, remove your box.  NOW.....this does not mean that you can't go back and place the box there at a later time.  In fact, we do that quite often.  It is a great way to handle the shortage issue, by "temporarily" removing the box for a period of time.  Accounts will appreciate the box a little bit more when they lose it and then get it back.  But there is no need to go to extreme measures as using "Theft Powder".  It could be a customer of theirs that is stealing the money and you would never know it, especially if the business owner doesn't care.  I say, remove the box for a while, let them know you are and why, and then in a few months (3 -6), place the box back and try again.  Just my 2 cents. :) 

Archived