Pool Hall Advice

Team Money Vending

Hi Guys,

I  am relatively new to the business but have been following your advice since the beginning.

My question for you guys is:  My first location that I placed on my route is a pool hall. I was super excited to place it and thought it would do extremely well since they regularly have a packed house. (50+ people all night long) Much to my dismay it has done very poorly over the past year and wanted to solicit some advice from you guys on what I can do to improve its performance.

I started out with a double head A&A machine with M&I and Skittles. It did about $3-$5 a month for six or so months. I then changed it to Hot Tamales and Reese's Pieces and have been averaging $4-$6 a month for the past few months.

I don't necessarily want to pull it as I have two more machines right next door and I believe a machine out in the wild will make more than being in my garage.

What should I vend? What would you guys do?

A bit more about me and my plan: I have 10 A&A doubles placed which vend primarily Skittles and M&I. I have a Mr. Baseball machine which is killing it and is by far my most profitable machine thus far. I placed a Sports blaster 4 days ago next to the Mr. Baseball machine with hopes that they will both perform very well. (They are in a pizza place with games from another vender  so I am hopeful that I will gain a larger percentage of the quarters.) How do you guys think I should tackle this?  

Going forward I am leaning more towards Sports blasters / Shooting hoops/ and other machines of the sort but I guess each location has their specific needs.

Thanks again everyone for sharing the wealth of knowledge that is hear on Vendiscuss.

3 hours ago, musser said:

why are you not selling gum?

Exactly I have 150 + locations and have gum at all but one of them and they eat skittles like they are going out of style. 80% of them are gumballs only

3 hours ago, Team Money Vending said:

I have stayed away from gum since most of my locations have expressed concern about it making a mess. With that said, this one has not said anything about it. Do you think I should add gum? What type of gum would you recommend?

Thanks,

I use mostly the 850 count from sams for $20 a box

16 hours ago, Team Money Vending said:

Great idea guys!

I'll throw in some gumballs. Any advice as to what I should include in the second head? Is there an item that adults tend to like or that will work well in a bar scene? 

Thanks,

Just placed a bar location today. Everyone loves Mike and Ike's and chicklets. I feel like chicklets do better than gumballs because you can get about 10 chicklets instead of 1 gumball. Plus, adults need to freshen the breath before making out 

• 4 years later...

Every pool hall I have had has frowned upon having gumballs in the locations. I always got the "I don't want to be scrapping gum off from under the pool tables" or "I don't want to be re-felting the tables because gum got stuck to the tops". 

• 2 weeks later...