Dixie narco - takes money even when doesn't vend

Hi, hope some 1 can help, i am based in the uk but im sure will be similar vending elsewhere etc,

at my work place our vending machine used to know when a bottle had not dropped and either leave credit in the machine or give a refund,

but lately if a bottle has failed to dispense it has taken the money also, does any 1 know what has happened and how can get it back to how it was? it was clever enough to know there had been no bottle dispensed.

p.s. after we changed our bottles in the machine the 1s we ordered dont always dispense very well, 

thanks

On 7/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, clarkey100 said:

our vending machine used to know when a bottle had not dropped and either leave credit in the machine or give a refund, but lately if a bottle has failed to dispense it has taken the money also, does any 1 know what has happened and how can get it back to how it was?

That sounds to me like the drop sensor is disabled in the software, either by accident or deliberately because of misaligned sensors. Setup Mode 8 enables you to toggle the drop sensor enable/disable function.

Make sure the drop sensor is enabled. If the machine starts to beep it is indicating a blocked or misaligned sensor. Your machine may have one or two sensors, they both need to be aligned. If they are the old style you need to do some manual guesstimation and then adjust slowly to center the sensor with the reflector, the newer one have an aiming beam built in.

On 7/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, clarkey100 said:

p.s. after we changed our bottles in the machine the 1s we ordered dont always dispense very well, 

That is going to be due to the bottles being a different shape and/or size. The only way to correct this is by changing to a different shim that is appropriate to the new bottle. Unless you can find someone local to talk to that also has the same machines it is going to be tough to recommend an appropriate shim to match your bottle as they are (usually) different from the Australian or US  sizes. If you can post a picture of the problem bottle, and the current shim I can have an attempt at working out the shim, but no guarantee.

Archived