Like button

AMD Snacks

It' s hiding.

I updated the site and forgot to check if the theme was also updated. This usually isn't an issue, but the button was updated, giving 5 options, and the theme doesn't know what to do with it.

But the theme is being worked on as we speak and is supposed to be up sometime this week.

If you need the button, you can scroll down to the bottom, and select Theme, and change to Default.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we change the 'reacted notification' back to 'like'?  I keep thinking that reacting is in your mind, not your keyboard and I keep worrying that 'reacting' could mean a 'dislike' button.

Not sure I can change it back. It is part of the IP Board update, and I haven't found any way to edit or alter it.

What are you worried that might look like a dislike? I understand if somebody posts that their dog died, and you react with a react_haha.png (HAHA)  I could see how that might not look good. 

Or are you worried that one will be added?

I'll keep researching, but before I would take any action on something like this, I would probably want to get input from our community. I have a feeling that IP will be updating this more, with feedback from all the people running sites with their software.

None of that worry really, but seeing that someone has "reacted" to one of my posts makes me wonder what their "reaction" really was even though I know that it refers to a "like."  It just doesn't seem natural for it to be called a "reaction" instead of a "like."

I think it started with Facebook. People posted things like I stated above, or that their Grandfather died, and people wanted something other than saying they liked their post. If they liked it, it sounded like they liked that the person's Grandfather died, but at the same time liking it spread that story to more people. So they came up with the reactions idea. Although they differentiate a reaction and a like. 

Here we have a Like, Sad, Confused, Haha, and Thanks. So no dislike button, no angry button, no death threat button.

Sorry, out of town, tried to manage with my... uh... phone.

You are right, this is not Facebook. (Looks like you aren't a fan.) I don't think they are trying to be Facebook, just taking one of the ideas. Though they should have stole the whole idea and kept the like as a like, without the heart. I am keeping my eyes open for a developer who might update the like buttons. 

I will say that my brain is in my phone. I spent years attempting to use paper planning systems, but it never worked for me. Now I have tons of alarms and events in my calendar. 

I do check Facebook daily, especially with VENDiscuss. There are a couple interests I have attached, and a few friends, and acquaintances, (not very many,) but I am not very vocal. I blocked all game requests, and without blocking my friends, I have blocked some of the sites they share. Half the time if I am doing something, I'm responding to my Daughter. Usually doesn't take too long to long for me to check it. Like anything, it needs to be managed. 

Archived