Steampunk Ideas ?

Kalleberg

I've got a double head at at tattoo shop that has been doing pretty good for the past couple years.  They are now moving to a different location with a much more industrial vibe/style.  I've been asked to see if I can come up with something that would add another candy option and make the entire thing, machines & stand, look as steampunk as possible.  They also threw out other terms like retro, vintage or industrial.  I've tried looking for steampunk gumball machines online and it is all non-functional decorative dust collectors.  I figured that I'd better come here to the experts for some crazy and creative ideas... (please- no Carousel machines :) )

What do you think? Anybody have some interesting ideas ??

Many thanks

do you know how to weld or have a friend that does? I have seen bases and poles made fron rebar that might have the right look, use standard machines with black bodies but hammered gray lids and hopper

Unfortunately welding probably isn't an option. I'd be interested in looking at something made out of rebar though.  I think that there used to be pictures on this site of a home made black pipe stand for two low heads and two upper heads.  I haven't found it in the gallery though.  That might have been an option (?) I've got some NW60s with a matte black body but they have chrome lids.  I might have to look into the hammered grey paint to see what it looks like.  What are you referring to as a "hopper"  please pardon my confusion.  I also found some old blue Astro machines that look like old Oak's.  I was wondering if the new Oak parts will work on those old machines (?)  Thanks for the ideas though.

Archived