Dixie Narco 7200 PP HVV

If that DN 720P is working for you, then great.  But if you want to add a CC reader, then I strongly recommend installing a different machine.   Namely, I recommend you install a newer (or new) Royal 650 with a late model board (Eprom 41.06 or higher).  Even a late model 501E (since you cannot get them new) will work great.  The issue is that the DN "P" series is known to be problematic, mostly with programming and partly with refrigeration deck quality (from what I have heard).  Since DN apparently abandoned the P series altogether, you'll have issue getting some parts in the future, tech support may be difficult as there aren't that many P machines out there, and card readers might not be compatible with it in the long run.  With something such as a new Royal Merlin 4 (AKA Royal 650), you're almost guaranteed to either be compatible or have an easy solution to make it compatible.  Royal Merlin 4's are still in production, but older versions need serious upgrades to bring them up-to-date.

A card reader should work just fine on it and no other programming will need to be done.  If it doesn't report cash sales then you'll need to update the eprom on the board.  While the P series machines were poorly designed and the logic boards were done even worse, if yours is working well then the card reader should work fine.

Archived