35 can packs @ SAMs

So for the past 3 years I have bough all

my drinks at Walmart in either 12 or 24 packs. My business has grown enough now that it takes me 3-4 trips in and out of Walmart to buy all the drinks I need for the week. So I am considering getting hem from SAMs so I could order ahead. The only problem I foresee is that 35 cans would often be too many to fit in a machine meaning I would have to bring drinks back to the truck. Does anybody else by the 35 packs and how do you handle leftover drinks?

Sometimes I have extras left in a case and it simply goes on top of the other cases.  This can obviously be a problem depending on how much space you have.  The more space you have, the less problematic it will be.  Having said that, most of my machines will easily take a 35-pack if the selection is low enough.  I am guilty of putting a few cans on top of a slower-selling selection that shouldn't sell out before the next service cycle just so I don't have to bring cans back.  The thing is, Sam's Club usually only sells 36-packs and 35-packs here, so you gotta deal with it.  

Depending on what's leftover, I usually have milk crates or bottler crates that I store any overflow in. With the odd amount though, I'm usually stuck holding the extra can. I usually just put it under the chute(if it's a top seller) until next service I can use it. 

I still buy my odds and ends at my local stores when there are sales, but it's easier on me to buy the core drinks(Coke, pepsi, dew etc.)in larger quantities at Sams.

You can store a few under your delivery chute out of the way of the evaporator but like Chris said, you will also have a couple of slow selling columns, or all columns that you know don't sell out, and put some of them backwards on top of the columns so you're reminded when you return that they are there before you just assume them to be part of the inventory in those columns.

I don't by them but I do buy them.  For the last several years during the summer months Sam's has had the 28 packs, which are much more convenient, and usually lower priced.  I haven't seen them this year though.  I'm starting to think it's not going to happen this time around.

Archived