locators

bill

A locator charges more for the location then what a good used machine cost. Your largest start up cost is the locator. We should hold 20% of location cost for 90 days. That way we know the location will work. The locators say they will replace under performing locations. Kick outs ect. Any other service business in the world except drug dealers and lawyers work this way. Tired of when you order more locations I will replace one. Why should we be held to a standard where we have NO recourse when the locator tells us off. I am busy now but, I will get to you  as soon as I get caught up. I already paid for the location, locator got a golpher location, got paid. too bad. Here I am holding my nuts waiting for a replacement location for my peanut machine. DO NOT PAY if you think the location is not going to make money. Have them find you a better location. They don't know what the location is like. Can't see through phone. tired of buy my golpher not his golpher. I am the best don't trust the rest. Only pay by check to a business name and mail it. That is how real business works.

agree on some but not all, yeah locators are a pain, and ive worked with many over the years, ones that want to do side jobs for you and don't tell the boss, then run off to start their own, and crash, and supposedly they are extremely busy, but facebook says otherwise, parties, and so on. ever work with anyone in south America? 2 years was great, then I find out he stiffed the boss, now the boss is mad at me, I didn't know, I paid like I usually paid, didn't think anything of it, so I call the guy to try to explain, he decides to threaten me with my locations. a lesson: a locator can bring you locations, but they they can also shut you down very fast! you you kinda have to hold your nuts for a bit until they get those locations. if you order a lot of locations, they will do you before anyone else looking for 1 or 2 spots, so I ordered 3 locations about 3 weeks ago, and I'm still holding my breath and my nuts for a hopeful email that says you've got locations. whats even worse, is that youll know when youre getting screwed, they keep sending you the same locations over and over again. complete torture! 

sometimes its just better to find your own locations, not all locations are good, if its a golpher location, just don't service it as much, 1 less machine in the shed, and you still make cash!  there are ON seasons and OFF seasons, and I find that the golpher machines do very well in the OFF season. for every 1 good location, you have to have 10 golpher ones, so out of my 400 units, 360 are golpher! only 40 are good, the good ones I can cashout in 2 days, then what? suck it easy? nah, I let the golpher ones do all the work, as long as I'm making $20 net from each machine, I'm good, now do that math! that's $7200 from golpher machines alone!

enjoy!

I have only used Rodney for telemarketing locating and he has done great.

I had a local locator for a day and she landed 4 locations in 3 hours. With 3 of the locations being high volume. The next time she went out and batted ZERO and now she doesn't want to do it anymore. Her second attempt I think lacked effort, any effort.

5 hours ago, Kevinator said:

I have only used Rodney for telemarketing locating and he has done great.

I had a local locator for a day and she landed 4 locations in 3 hours. With 3 of the locations being high volume. The next time she went out and batted ZERO and now she doesn't want to do it anymore. Her second attempt I think lacked effort, any effort.

What was the name of the local locator? 

16 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

I've used locators, I've located, my wife sometimes gets me some locations. I'm just glad locators exists, they could all quit, and I'd ALWAYS have to find my own locations. 

I agree. Locators are responsible for about a third of my locations so far, and quite a few of my top locations as well. Once I get my latest round of machines out though, I am planning on doing my own locating for a bit. I'm going to start working with the Susan G Komen charity and I think I'll really be able to land a high percentage of locations with their program. 

Im currently using "Vending Locating Services".  Creative name!  They located my last machine for me for about 120 bucks.  Its a nice rack with 9 heads on it.  0 Commission and pulling about 124-200 a month from it.  So she hit a homerun last time and figured I would give em another shot.  Unfortunately they took the deposit of 60 dollars and I havent heard from them since.  Its been about 9 days since they took my deposit.  I just shot them an email and will let you know how it goes. 

SGK is a good group they have done a lot over the years. But from a charity, community and business view I align with a local group. Knowing that money is staying in my community to help others, helps my business. When making a sales pitch while out locating, location owners seem more receptive that the charity money stays right here in our community. Also once you educate the powers and members that be in said charity they will pitch for you as well, knowing every additional machine that is set will equal a bigger check being scratched each month.

8 hours ago, mppuzzled said:

Im currently using "Vending Locating Services".  Creative name!  They located my last machine for me for about 120 bucks.  Its a nice rack with 9 heads on it.  0 Commission and pulling about 124-200 a month from it.  So she hit a homerun last time and figured I would give em another shot.  Unfortunately they took the deposit of 60 dollars and I havent heard from them since.  Its been about 9 days since they took my deposit.  I just shot them an email and will let you know how it goes. 

I believe this is for the locating section? 

On that note.... I would start paying a commission or you will lose the spot. 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:26 PM, rodney69 said:

I believe this is for the locating section? 

On that note.... I would start paying a commission or you will lose the spot. 

I was thinking the same.  I spoke with the owner of the business when I put in the machine and told her I do a 10 percent commission (starting low) and she said not to bother with it.  She said the last vendor didnt pay anything, she requested to just keep gumballs in there for her and asked to keep the machine filled and clean.  She said she kicked out the last guy because the machine was always empty and he never came by to clean it.  So I went back home and pulled out my nicest Beaver Rack I had ready since those hardly have problems and the rack and machines were almost brand new. :-)  I was saving it for a bigger location but I figured I better put the best I had in this spot.   Thanks for the advice though.  Good to know.

By the way, my locator still hasnt contacted me back. 

No not associated with you.  I was just keeping everyone in this thread informed on how the current locating service I am using is doing.  I was under the impression that this thread was about using Locators and their experiences with them.  

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:05 AM, NYCandyMan said:

agree on some but not all, yeah locators are a pain, and ive worked with many over the years, ones that want to do side jobs for you and don't tell the boss, then run off to start their own, and crash, and supposedly they are extremely busy, but facebook says otherwise, parties, and so on. ever work with anyone in south America? 2 years was great, then I find out he stiffed the boss, now the boss is mad at me, I didn't know, I paid like I usually paid, didn't think anything of it, so I call the guy to try to explain, he decides to threaten me with my locations. a lesson: a locator can bring you locations, but they they can also shut you down very fast! you you kinda have to hold your nuts for a bit until they get those locations. if you order a lot of locations, they will do you before anyone else looking for 1 or 2 spots, so I ordered 3 locations about 3 weeks ago, and I'm still holding my breath and my nuts for a hopeful email that says you've got locations. whats even worse, is that youll know when youre getting screwed, they keep sending you the same locations over and over again. complete torture! 

sometimes its just better to find your own locations, not all locations are good, if its a golpher location, just don't service it as much, 1 less machine in the shed, and you still make cash!  there are ON seasons and OFF seasons, and I find that the golpher machines do very well in the OFF season. for every 1 good location, you have to have 10 golpher ones, so out of my 400 units, 360 are golpher! only 40 are good, the good ones I can cashout in 2 days, then what? suck it easy? nah, I let the golpher ones do all the work, as long as I'm making $20 net from each machine, I'm good, now do that math! that's $7200 from golpher machines alone!

enjoy!

update: 3 locations that were ordered a few weeks ago still have not been placed, after 8 weeks, I will do a charge back. 

Archived