DN276E icing compressors

No, it's not shot doofus.  It won't ice over if it's shot.  It could be low on freon, an air leak from the door or delivery port, a loose door because the T-handle is worn out, water standing in the cabinet because the drain is clogged or, least likely, bad valves in the compressor.  To defrost them you can turn the thermostat off and let the heat from the evaporator motor defrost it over several hours.  If you want to waste some time you can use a heat gun or blow dryer to defrost them, but why waste the time when the fan motor heat will do it?

Bought 276E last summer from a friend and it's my first vending machine and is just used at the house for the family and the kid's friends so it's not a business machine. It's was manufactured in 2006 (so says the sticker inside) and just this morning, the wireless digital thermostat read 22 degrees Fahrenheit.

In the last week, I have been noticing that sporadically, the compressor has been turning on/off at much shorter intervals. I timed one out and it turned back on after only 20-30 seconds. I don't know much about the mechanics of the machine so I didn't know what that meant. Fast forward a few days and now the coils are frozen over and it's below freezing in there. When I first got the machine, I timed it and the compressor was on for about 5-6 minutes and off for about 7-9 before it kicked back on again (fan running all the time).

I will check all the things mentioned above but I do know that the drop box the drinks fall into is always very wet especially the flapper itself. How do you re-seal something like that? Thanks in advance.

Archived