hair salon/nail places

AMD Snacks

Went locating yesterday for the first time in a while. Decided to try and get some new kinds of locations and saw dozens of nail places and hair salons. Plenty of bored kids, so i figured i'd do well with some GB and BB. Well long story short, I was 0 for 30. Not a single one was interested, the old ladies were kind of rude, more than any other location and they all seemed against the idea of anything for kids. 

Ohwell, not going to ruin my sleep or anything, i'm just curious if any other vendors have any and if they do any decent numbers? Otherwise I might just avoid them all together. Like I pretty much avoid transmission places, since they have just all been slow for me. I know there's always potential in a type of location, but I'd rather not waste my time barking up the wrong tree..

I bought a small route which included a small hair salon,  I was pulling $30-40 every 2 months then all of a sudden I was pulling $60-80 every 2 months.  Last cycle I pulled $107.50, I have tried other salong but no success.

35 minutes ago, twnotter said:

I bought a small route which included a small hair salon,  I was pulling $30-40 every 2 months then all of a sudden I was pulling $60-80 every 2 months.  Last cycle I pulled $107.50, I have tried other salong but no success.

Man those are some good numbers. It seems like a great idea. Kids sitting there waiting for mommy, nothing to do. Idk, I went to three different decent sized cities that day, and I swear it was like the exact same reception each time no matter what. Not even any "maybe's" or "the managers not here" or "leave a card" Barbershops on the other hand do well for me and at least their no's are a little more toned down. Maybe I need to send my wife to the hair salons lol

Sending the wife in might be a good idea. ..lol.  

Hair salons are hard to get in, most of them told me it didn't match their decor.  I even offered commision, still no luck.  

I was thinking of trying barber shops too, they might be good.

i have/had a few honour boxes.  Several are so nice and for a honour box do good numbers- 20 bucks a month...  They are very impatient f it is close to empty and one even yelled at me when i erviced it after 2.5 weeks and bout 2 months it was 2/3 empty. Several also took it out after about 2 months claiming they just dont have the room. The ones that say no are almost kicking you in the golpher even though you accept the mean no and politely say thank you anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Barber Shops are a staple in my vending diet. Don't worry about Nail Salons, they suck. Hair Salons wouldn't be too bad but it would be hit and miss. At Nail Salons I was the odd man out being a white male around women and asians. I've had a hard 'No, bye" before lol.

There is a potential "sugar junkie" in every spot.  I had a hair/ nail salon that did $100-150 every 2 months for years. I've also had some that didn't do hardly anything.  You never know til you try it.   What I do is see how many stylists or nail technicians are working there.  That will determine amount of traffic. 

36 minutes ago, Hillbilly said:

There is a potential "sugar junkie" in every spot.  I had a hair/ nail salon that did $100-150 every 2 months for years. I've also had some that didn't do hardly anything.  You never know til you try it.   What I do is see how many stylists or nail technicians are working there.  That will determine amount of traffic. 

I always take that route. It only takes one or two people to make a location really good. And there is no way to really know until you try. 

On 8/30/2017 at 8:14 PM, Hillbilly said:

I have a truck repair shop in the middle of no where that has a dozen sugar junkies, they are hard to keep full

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 11:41 AM, AMD Snacks said:

Went locating yesterday for the first time in a while. Decided to try and get some new kinds of locations and saw dozens of nail places and hair salons. Plenty of bored kids, so i figured i'd do well with some GB and BB. Well long story short, I was 0 for 30. Not a single one was interested, the old ladies were kind of rude, more than any other location and they all seemed against the idea of anything for kids. 

Ohwell, not going to ruin my sleep or anything, i'm just curious if any other vendors have any and if they do any decent numbers? Otherwise I might just avoid them all together. Like I pretty much avoid transmission places, since they have just all been slow for me. I know there's always potential in a type of location, but I'd rather not waste my time barking up the wrong tree..

Last year I bought a route, and included a nail/hair place. They have like 14 employees. Long story short, it came with old outdated combo, machine. snack and soda. The old lady who runs the store, is kinda kindhearted  but hard to negotiation with :). go figure. I asked to upgrade location and finally she gave me a green light after the younger gal who works there, demanded it. I ve  put brand new, office deli machine, which is snack and soda machine and moved it to the main floor where all of them work, instead of break room in the back. I am having a good fortune with that machine. I think they wanted something newer and fancy. I sell on average $60 a week, all snacks and soda. I thought it is a good business given that previous machine made about $60 in sales for entire month. I think if they allow you to place a machine in one of the locations, make sure to impress them with something newer. soda and snack machine works good, and include some snacks like Belavita, Costco  has it.and healthy granola bars. Your will sell lots of them. I wish you good luck and dont give up.  

• 3 weeks later...

There are thousands of nail salons in my area, with a growing VN community, made a few attempts and i also came up with nothing; I even have an ex gf who I'm still on good terms with, who's mother owns 2 nail salons, and even she wouldn't do it.  Seems they don't want anyone putting their golpher inside their stores (or making money off of them), for some reason, never put together the time to figure out why, as i really do not know how these locations would do; i just dropped it and moved on (although I might revisit this option again later).  My hair salons are a GIANT hit or miss.  I have some hair salons that are just killing it, 30-40/month; and others that did 25 cent in one month, others that hit 1.25....its always a big mystery...i guess that's what makes this business exciting.  We have a relatively good idea as to where it would work; but we can't predict the success of any location.  

Archived