No nickels

crunchydog

Hey guys, one of my dn5591 beverage machines won't pay out any nickels as if the tube is empty, it will pay out dimes and quarters.  I have switched coin mechs and the same happens even with the new mech.  The machine will not let an item be selected that ends with nickels being payed out as change.  The only other thing I know to do is put a new board in, am i missing something?

I have a glasco gs2 that does this too.  To my knowledge, these are board issues and you need to exchange the board or get yours repaired.  I guess the board can't send the pulse to the coin mech to pay out nickels.  

Okay thanks man, I'm going to try one more coin mech swap to rule it out, then do the board, I already have a new one ready to replace, I know I will have to reprogram prices, is there anything else I will have to reprogram?  Or can I just plug everything in and set prices?

Not sure.  If it came from another 501E or was made for a 501E then you are good.  If it came from a machine with a different number of selections, such as a 501T or a a 10-select can machine, then you might need to program that but i have never had to do that. If that's the case, hold the mode button for something like 15-60 seconds to reset it.  If you still get something like all 8888 or 0000 or some error, you need to program the board for a 500e.  That's beyond my knowledge though.

Did you fill the coin tubes using the TUBE FILL option?  That way the board knows there are nickels in the tube,  Also try the coin mech in another machine to see if it will payout the nickels. That can help determine if the problem is in the coin mech or the machine.

If this is a later model 5591 MDB  board using two drop sensors then you need to fill the coin mech through Tube Fill program item.  The logic board has to count coins in and out of the tube when you use MDB.

Archived