Crane 797

QuikVend

I inherited a Crane 797 snack/frozen machine on my route I just purchased. I'm pretty sure the compressor is down on it, it's reading over 100 degrees. I have zero interest in getting into cold or frozen food. Once I find a suitable replacement 5 wide, I'll end up just pulling this one. In the meantime, is there any way to use the bottom section?

Isn't that machine based on the 167 platform?  If so, remove the module, get tray rails, trays, motor control board and rail board harness and morph it into a 167. I've done this with can modules. 

If that door  is one piece, and the snack spirals are long it can be converted. I would even get rid of the Millennia trim and put a standard front on it. That door handle is no longer available but the standard front uses the standard lift handle.  I can help you with a parts list. If the door stays the same, I see roughly $200 for tray rails, rail boards, motor control board & harness. Your big wild card here is 3 shelves with spirals & motors. I parted out a 147 to get shelves, you only need to drill a hole for the shelf harness. Even if you spent $800 on it you can't buy a 167 for that. Definitely not something to do on location. 

10 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

If that door  is one piece, and the snack spirals are long it can be converted. I would even get rid of the Millennia trim and put a standard front on it. That door handle is no longer available but the standard front uses the standard lift handle.  I can help you with a parts list. If the door stays the same, I see roughly $200 for tray rails, rail boards, motor control board & harness. Your big wild card here is 3 shelves with spirals & motors. I parted out a 147 to get shelves, you only need to drill a hole for the shelf harness. Even if you spent $800 on it you can't buy a 167 for that. Definitely not something to do on location. 

The door is a single unit and it does have long spirals. Looks like I can add this on to the quickly growing list of winter projects. I'd definitely appreciate the help with a parts list. I'm still going to find a suitable replacement, I'd rather do something like this in my secluded shop so I don't have to censor myself when I get frustrated lol. 

Which machines have shelves that will fit? I'll start searching for donors. 

PM me when you're ready. Donor machines for shelves are 147, 157, 167 and, of course, combo units of the same families. I have extra shelves, but packing and shipping would be a golpher. You can get the left tray rails from any deep National, but the right hand rails must be designed for rail boards , except for the bottom one. 

D&S Vending is my go-to for bone yard parts. I only deal with Jason.

56 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I'm going to guess it would cost $800 in parts and labor to fix the combo if you went that route.

You're saying it would probably around $800 to repair and keep it as a combo, right? 

I was just making sure I was on the same page lol. I'm going to end up converting this one to the 167. If it was a snack/soda combo I probably would repair it, but I don't intend to start doing frozen anytime soon (or ever really).

Archived