AP 123 issue

crunchydog

My top shelf in one of my AP 123 snack machines is intermittent on working, as the error record displays- cannot home, and the display says make another selection, when you try to make a purchase.  I assume the connections are getting worn, I can usually wiggle the tray around and get it to work "sometimes" but I want this resolved.  Is there replacement connectors, male and female available? Or would this be a board issue? I have also moved the vend motor connection at the board around in hopes it was a little loose, but cannot pinpoint the issue yet.

You can't replace the connectors alone, they come on new harnesses - if available.  The part numbers depend on the vintage of your machine.  There were the early 123As and then different harnesses were used on 123B and 123C models.  To get the female side of each shelf harness you will need to buy the Cabinet Back harness and male connectors come on the shelf harnesses.  Before you replace anything check for the most common shelf issue which is the motor harness from the logic board.  In most if not all of these machines the harness leaves the logic board and on it's way to the back of the cabinet it is hung in an adhesive clip from the top of the cabinet.  That clip usually won't hold for long and the harness ends up hanging over the top of the control panel.  When this happens the wires can be damaged over time as the control panel is moved in and out and it's entirely possible that your issue is a broken A shelf wire in that harness.  The fix is to splice a new wire into that wire close to the back of the cabinet and close to the logic board to bypass any breaks in the wire.  Use the side tap clamp on connectors and just piggyback the new wire on the old wire.  Then properly support the harness so no other wires can break.  Here is a pic of the type of connector to use.  22EW61_AS01?$zmmain$ Here is the manual with the parts in it.  http://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/vending-machine-manuals/automatic-products-rmi/model-123-snackshop-parts-manual.pdf

Archived