Univendor VEC 5.01 replacement

BTVFC

Does anyone know of an updated aftermarket controller for the Vendo 5.01? I want to put PayRange on my only machine that doesn't have it. The MDB on the OEM board doesn't support card readers. I've tried an aftermarket MDB converter, but still no luck.

Email me a pic of the board.  If you have a 5.x board it should at least be a 5.1.  Those boards are the first ones with MDB and should work with a card reader - USAT at least.  There is a latest version EPROM and I may still have a couple of them.  That might be what you need.

• 2 weeks later...

The 5.2 version is for Coke machines that have one less selection button and where the top select button runs columns 1 and 2 so it won't work in your 10 button machine.  I have had mixed results with the latest eprom version as it didn't work on some identical boards but did work on others.  

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 9:23 AM, BTVFC said:

5.1B eprom did not work at  all. The on board relays did nothing but continuously click. Will a 5.1A eprom do the trick? If so, looking for one. Or, will a 5.2 controller work?

Resolved - The 5.1B eprom from Capital didn't work. Rolled the dice and got 2 5.1B controllers on eBay for $40. Pulled the eprom from one with a burned resistor on the board, put it in the 5.1 controller, and PayRange now works. Doesn't report cash sales, but didn't expect it to.

Archived