MEI CF7512 USB to MDB

BTVFC

I've got a CF7512 that has a USB harness. I replaced the harness with MDB. Coins work without a problem, but when a $1 bill is accepted in the validator, it registers 10¢. Does the firmware in the changer need to be changed, or is this a controller issue?

It was in a Rowe 4900 with a Greenwick controller, with 7512 changer and 2512 validator. I was checking the new changer before taking it to another location. After the 10¢ for $1 issue, I put the old changer, also a 7512 back in the machine, and all works fine. I was wondering if there was different firmware for the 7512 with the USB harness.

Here's a twist to this dilemma. Put it into an LCM2. Preset prices in the LCM then displayed at 1/5 the correct amount. Reprogrammed prices (now changeable in .01 increments) and all is well ($1 displays as $1, records and pays correct change).

The machine is seeing the coin mech as capable of accepting pennies which it should never be capable of so I would recommend you get it the coin mech serviced instead of just continuing to try it in machine after machine.

FWIW I think I know what happened, but I can't tell you why it happened.

In the vendor setup for the coin mech you can change the coin scaling factor manually, or leave it on automatic. I suspect it is on automatic, and found the correct scaling factor when you changed machines.