BevMax 4 Problems

Chard

Ok. I had the opportunity to work on my first BV 4 today.

The machine has had problems vending properly and apparently customers, in frustration had started forcing the port door open in frustration.

The picker assembly was stuck in the middle of the machine and the port door had been forced open.

I tried running it through functional tests, test vends, etc without success, but it did come back with a bunch of errors.

I received the following errors - Picki, Picko, PickRS and Port.  I also noted metal shavings around the XY motor assembly.

From what I've observed I believe it needs a new XY motor, Picker cup assembly and a rebuilt delivery port.  

I don't want to run out there more than once, any suggestions on what the problems are and what parts to take would be greatly appreciated.

There's a disk in the bottom of the cup that wears out over time, causing the pusher to fail.  Your best bet is to buy a new cup and fix the one you already have to use as a backup.  As for the xy motors, you might be getting shavings from the disk in the cup and not the motor(s).  Get a new cup to quickly swap out and try to repair the one you have. As for the port, you might have the port sensor turned off.

I'd start by making sure the homing switch on the bottom of the picker arm is nice and clean. If its not homing correctly that can cause a whole bunch of problems. The next thing that usually causes problems is the picker arm itself. The chances of it needing both x and y motors at the same time seems unlikely.  The manual has some great info on trouble shooting these errors.

Edited by Anacapa Vending