V-Max/Coinco 700 Problems

Ionik

I'm very new to vending machines, and just bought my first one.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been working properly.  At first it wouldn't accept anything more than $2.50 (sending any more more out the return slot), and since it's going to be used primarily as a beer machine, it would be ideal to be able to charge more for certain columns.  But, since I was unable to get it to accept more, I settled for $2.50 for the first week.  Halfway through the week, the machine decided it was not going to accept anything beyond $1.50, despite everything costing $2.50; making the machine effectively useless.  As far as I know, nobody changed anything inside the machine during that time, so I really have no idea what's going on.  I also have the coin mechanism from an older machine which I tried out, but I had the exact same problem.  Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

20171127_165125.jpg

20171127_165212.jpg

You may want to upgrade to MEI. Here's a link to Canadian distributors:

http://www.meigroup.com/global/about_mei/approved_service_centres_/index.xml

Here is a link for Coinco in Canada, (but you would be better off with MEI)

https://www.canadianvending.com/buyers-guide/cashless-payment-systems/coin-acceptors-canada-coinco-1168/view-details

Tip: The MEI distributors probably carry Coinco too, but may not offer service.

I refilled the change and changed a couple settings in the machine and it appears to be working a little better.  I'm able to put in a full $2.50 now, but it returns any $1 or $2 coins...  It also throws all of the quarters that it accepts into the change pail, rather than collecting them in the change columns.  Any idea what might be wrong now?  Again, thanks for your help.

My only guess is that it needs to be re-tuned and/or repaired in general.  It could also be an upper sensor problem or you don't have enough change of each denomination to satisfy the machine.  If you tube-filled (through a program) and you filled the mech completely, then you shouldn't have problems.  If you simply put coins in their respective columns without using the tube-fill function, then the machine might still think it's too low to give change.  I'm sorry if I am not too helpful but the way you describe it is a little confusing... and I have been tired lately for some reason so I don't comprehend well.

Archived