vendo 511 door switch problem

MNvending

I've got a Vendo 511 that keeps reading "error 3". The error means that the door has been opened for 1 hour or longer. We have tested the switch, and repaired the wires that were looking a little beat up. It still kept reading error 3 after 1 hour. Also, the led display would go out unless i pressed the door switch, then it would light back up. I figured that the control board was going bad so I went and bought one from the local pepsi bottler and installed it. Everything was working a lot better, the led display is working like it's supposed to now, but after a couple hours error 3 popped back up again. I tried switching the wires to the other connections on the switch, and an hour later, another error 3. Does anybody know why this keeps giving me an error 3? Has this happened to anyone else?

Check the inner door sheetmetal that the switch pushes against.  If the metal is dented there then the switch might not be pushed in far enough - or the switch isn't mounted correctly. 

Also check for the outer door being too loose due to a worn out T-handle that isn't snugging the door down.

Yeah i checked to make sure the switch is being pressed, and it is. Honestly, it might sound crazy but I think the new control board that i bought from pepsi might be faulty too. I'm out of ideas, no matter what I do the machine thinks that the door is open. If the door switch is pressed you should not be able to put the machine into service mode, if I hold down the switch I can go into service mode. This tells me that the board is not reading when the door switch is pressed. I've checked continuity from the harness to the board, changed the switch, and replaced connections. All i know for sure is that the board is not receiving a signal from the door switch, I've made sure that the switch, and all its wires are good and making their connections so i don't know what else it could be except the control board. 

You said the switch works when you press it manually but not when you close the door?  It sounds to me that you need to replace the switch as it might only be making contact when fully pressed, and that might not happen as it is.  Replace the switch or possibly bypass it.  You should also triple check that it is mounted properly and definitely being pressed, because it cannot work only when you press it and not when you shut the machine.

Sorry if i confused you. The control board doesn’t see the door switch no matter what. If I press it myself or if I shut the door. If I take the switch completely out and bypass it, the machine should think that the door is closed and it should only think it’s open if I connect the switch wires with a paperclip or just by touching them. That’s not what happens though. Basically no matter what I do the machine always thinks the door is open. When a machine’s door switch is pressed you shouldn’t be able to access the service mode, and no matter what I do I can always access service mode. 

Short or a severed wire.  I don't know what it looks like but if it is with the rest of the harness going from the cabinet, through thr door, and into the board, then the most likely places to check are terminals themselves.  Also check for any obvious cuts in the plastic covering all the wires.  It seems like a wire is cut or shorted.

Can you run a wire directly to the ends where the switch is wires are supposed to go?  Ie. Bypass the entire switch wire by using a completely different wire.  If that works, then you know it is an electrical issue (shorted or open circuit).