Is there a thing ojt there that allows you to link two machines...?

USI and their slave soda combos are the only thing that come to mind, aside from a very small number of AP's that slaved to Bevmaxes.

But what you are talking about doesn't exist, partly because it would be a nightmare to implement, and partly because you don't want one broken/jammed/empty validator or mech to disable both machines.

You would think a smart vending technician could create something. Maybe even a universal harness, even if you have to attach 10 different connections on each end, and of course only use one of those for each machine?

Very valid point on coin mech and validators... It would be a risk-reward analysis for each vendor to decide for himself... 

What about readers though, imagine if us vendors could spend 1/2 what we already spend on readers!

.......and when that one payment system goes down none of the machines will work. Better yet, when all workers go on break at the same time you can only serve one at a time!

{Devil's advocate}

PayRange is a less expensive alternative to card readers. One time equipment cost, flat rate (3.95%), no other fees, no cellular data connection to worry about. Deposits made weekly to your bank account.

The only other cross-manuf harness was from USI to connect a MenuMart to the AP LCM machines. There was the AP 120 snack that could hook to a second slave snack cabinet.  You can also use an AP 320 tower to connect to 2 AP snacks or frozens.  USI also has the tower that went on the 3182 frozen that could also connect a 2nd frozen or a cold drink machine.  You can also slave a Bevmax to a late model Crane snack or 2 snacks slaved together. 

If you want to cut down on cc fees you could see if MEI still has their card system that could run up to 6 card readers in one room through one modem but that is probably not available anymore.

I thought the same thing when I was getting into card readers, but like LA said, it can reduce thruput and knockout all sales when one unit goes down.  As far as linking CC readers to save money I think that could be done but the manufacturers don't want to lose the revenue from having multiple service fees.  A lot of telemeters have a physical port for internet connections, but the problems come in two areas: one is the locations not wanting a foreign user on their routers for security reasons; and the other is the cost of providing your own internet connection on location for a small number of machines.  If I had a location with 6 or more machines I might have to seriously research switching from cellular to internet there.....

5 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

I thought the same thing when I was getting into card readers, but like LA said, it can reduce thruput and knockout all sales when one unit goes down.  As far as linking CC readers to save money I think that could be done but the manufacturers don't want to lose the revenue from having multiple service fees.  A lot of telemeters have a physical port for internet connections, but the problems come in two areas: one is the locations not wanting a foreign user on their routers for security reasons; and the other is the cost of providing your own internet connection on location for a small number of machines.  If I had a location with 6 or more machines I might have to seriously research switching from cellular to internet there.....

When you have a location with 6 or more machines (assuming the location warrants it)  in a bank of equipment you wont worry about the 6 service fees :)

Archived