Full line vending

TWvend

I've been doing amusements & bulk vending for some time, I've not ventured into full line. I have a location asking for drinks & snacks with 70 employees and was wondering what type of results a location this size does? 

Good info above, 70 mostly young males in a blue collar factory setting can be a great account, 70 mostly women in a white collar office might be OK but would do a lot less than the factory.  Demographics also dictate the planogram for types of drinks and snacks sold.  The factory may hit big on Mt Dew but never sell a diet drink, the office may be big on Diet Coke and never sell a Dew.  If they have a C Store right next door you will have a tough market; if they have to get in a car to drive somewhere to get anything then you will have better sales.   This may be a good small account to start out in full line, just based on employee count it could run anywhere from $50 to $150 a week in sales would be my best guess.  And it's often only a guess for anyone until you get some equipment in and give it a try.

More info for those looking to give advise.....This is 1 shift , daytime hours. It is a tax preperation / accounting for commercial accounts. Employees i understand are about 50/50 male/female. It is in an industrial park building and it does have convenience stores , fast food , and restaurants nearby ...around a mile or so away.  I was disappointed to learn , there will be a water cooler in the building  unfortuneately, so my hopes on high water sales are down the tube. So, any guesses on with a location like this will do in sales per week , roughly? Also, What type of equipment to run? 

I would seriously guess $50-$75/week combined sales from cans/snacks 9 months out of the year, with sales increasing from February - April, but the sales might not spike too much since a lot of "commercial" accounts (which could be LLC, sole proprietorship, corporate, etc..) are done throughout the year, whereas personal taxes (and many LLC/Sole proprietorships) are done Feburary - April.

Don't expect much out of such an account.  It is entirely office-based, it's way too close to food and other options, and nothing about it screams *SALES*.  I had a sales account with about "70" employees spanned across 2 buildings.  They *thought* that all 70 employees would use the vending machines.  Near the end, I was averaging about $15/week in sales which was almost entirely from the 50 or so employees in the main building with vending.  Many of them would simply run to mcdonald's and get a large soda for $1.00 and/or grab a meal during their lunch break since it was so close.  That's not to say they didn't snack... but they constantly griped about worrying about their diet (but only when they were AT work.. not when they went out for lunch.  That didn't count).

It could be a good first account, but it could also be a major turd.  Have you actually SEEN 70~ employees at this location?  Have you SEEN 70~ cars?  Or are they also counting people who might work at other locations, from home, or seasonal employees too?

Archived