Coin Mech Replenish

vender4321

Hi all, 

I am usually pretty good at troubleshooting this kind of thing but I have a situation where my coin mech, mei cf7000, is empty every time i visit my AP studio 2d machine. The machine goes into exact change mode/credit card shuts down.   I have changed out the mech, I have forced vend on, .... I test vend it over and over and i get the right amount of change back when there is money in it.  The bill stack does not offset the change in the cassette.  It seem as though people are getting free $.  But I cant identify the cause.....any ideas?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, allen watson said:

When you get the new EProm in, you can hook up your card reader again and all will be fine. What’s happening is when the card readers being used it’s kicking change out of the coin changer. 

You are correct. With a card, you get a credit on the machine, make your selection, get your selection and the value of that selection in coins. Do you have the address where that machine is? I'd like to play it a few times. ;D

Thanks a lot. I am definitely going to replace the EPROM asap.  I do find it odd that i don't have a lot of cc charges on that machine .  i am thinking that the device is emptying out a lot of coins at a time....not just the like amount of the purchase!

5 hours ago, allen watson said:

It varies. Mine was giving change back in large quantities. Some times $4.00 at a time. 3 or 4 weeks and finally someone spilled he beans. 😲

It is amusing (sarcasm) that the location won't tell you if they have been getting free product (or too much change, etc.) for weeks, but as soon as they find an out of date candy bar, they are calling to tell you what a bum you are.  I love my job...

43 minutes ago, vender4321 said:

great thanks.  does the old one remove simply by pulling out?  any special tool?    

There is an Eprom puller, but a small screw driver used gently can do the trick.

12 hours ago, vender4321 said:

Hi I received my new eprom.   question does this piece just snap in and out?   anything need to be considered?  programmed?

Nothing besides turning the power of the machine. Use a small flat screwdriver between the eeprom and the socket and gently wiggle it too loosen it from both sides so it comes off easy without hurting the socket.

5 hours ago, droopi said:

Nothing besides turning the power of the machine. Use a small flat screwdriver between the eeprom and the socket and gently wiggle it too loosen it from both sides so it comes off easy without hurting the socket.

That's how i have done it.

Archived