$.50 Chips

Just wondering your guys thoughts, because in my head I'm convinced... 

Most of my accounts sell out of $.50 Chips, so I'm thinking I'm going to get the bigger bag and charge $1. If demand stays the same I'll double revenues on those items and if it shrinks s little I'll prevent sell-outs before I get there. 

In today's day and age most people dont care about $.50 change, so JI figure an even dollar will do well!

Just now, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

Most of my accounts sell out of $.50 Chips, so I'm thinking I'm going to get the bigger bag and charge $1. If demand stays the same I'll double revenues on those items and if it shrinks s little I'll prevent sell-outs before I get there. 

In today's day and age most people dont care about $.50 change, so JI figure an even dollar will do well!

I'll also double profits, and $.50/item is much better than a quarter!

In theory it sounds good. But realize that you will need to change to larger lower count spirals to accommodate the larger bags. Less capacity then in machine. It might mean shorter service intervals for you. 

Guest Gumball prince

I recently went from .50 to .75 on the same bag of chips.  Sales went down, and I was able to stretch out the time refilling.  Best move I made.  

You need 55% or better gross profit to make it. Doubling the price is a big jump for customers, even if the portion size is incrementally larger. If you pay no commission .50 single serve chip is barely worth while.

11 hours ago, Sgolembiewski0903 said:

In a cheapskate location, they would have a fit over the price change from 50 cent to 1 dollar regardless of the increased chip sizes.  Be careful and communicate the change to location's point person making sure they understand.  I was in a similar situation I went to 16.9 oz bottle drinks from cans and increased price by 35 cents.  Anyways I gotkicked out because it was seen as me "raising" prices, but I did have plans of leaving them anyways.

A guy complained about me selling cans for 75 cents out of a vendo 621.  He claimed i was selling cans at a "premium" price out of a machine with "90's" technology.  I was actually offended.  He even claimed the machine had to be over 17 years old.

It did have a common 7up graphic on it, but come on.. he was basically telling me that I was wrong when i said the machine cannot be as old as he claims because they didn't even start making this model until the 2000's.  I held my tongue, but I was frustrated (I was also cleaning out a clogged drain in this particular machine).

I think people think that if it isn't a bevmax with a robotic arm, then the machine must be "from the 90's".  

Come to think of it, I think this same guy complained when I switched from bottles to cans.  It might not be the same guy, but someone was apparently trying to engage in small talk with me and asked me how the sales were.  When I told him the sales **haven't really changed much**, this particular person claims that my "sales probably dropped a lot by switching to cans since no one wants cans."  I mean.. my sales literally stayed about the same in terms of revenue, meaning that I am selling more units of cans than i did units of bottles.. so what does that say about whether people like cans or bottles better? Lol.  Even so.. what part of "sales haven't changed much" leads you to proclaim that my sales probably dropped due to ANY reason?  It's like this guy didn't even listen to my response at all.   It's an office though... should I expect anything less from office people?

Archived