vending locks

hogan718

depends on what machine you're putting it into, there is no specific brand, just make sure that all the locks can take the same key, another words "keyed alike" 

try

http://www.crowriver.com/coinop/

Crow River Trading Co
P O Box 26161
Minneapolis, MN 55426-0161
Tel: 888-596-4992 / 952-931-0255
Fax: 952-931-7948
E-mail: Info@CrowRiver.com

Roger is great with those

It depends on how big you plan on getting.  For full-line vending, the two most touted brands are Medeco (most recommended from what I have seen) and Abloy.  If you go Abloy, you should really get the newer style as the keys aren't prone to breaking the same way some older style abloy keys are.  I have also heard good things about Duo, which D&S sells.  

With most high security locks (such as the ones I mentioned specifically), you can order from a distributor which will send you locks keyed-alike.  The thing is, some vendor out there somewhere likely has the SAME key as you, but they cannot purchase them from the same distributor or the same region.  So, if you get key XYZ in Abracadabra, NY, then no one should be able to get the same key that you have in that region.  Maybe someone 400 miles away can, but not close enough for you to notice.. just don't tell people your key number and DEFINITELY don't ever lose your keys.  

I recommend you get Medeco just because they are so highly touted.  Just remember, you have to purchase these keys from the distributor you originally got your first set from.. so if you get your first set from D&S for example, you have to buy that same set from D&S as far as I know.  You can always order an additional set if necessary too but the same general guidelines apply.  These are to protect all of us.  Also, get 2 keys (at least) so you can open the machine up that has your entire set of keys locked inside because someone decided to put their keys down in the machine for no good reason lol.

I may end up getting new keys at the beginning of the year also.  As we have grown over the years, our key situation has gotten a little out of hand.  We have probably 20+ keys on our key chain at this point.  To my knowledge we have back up keys for all of the locks but it is a hassle having that many keys on my hip all the time.  I always told myself it wasn't worth it but may start putting some money aside to do this.  I know having one key would be so much more convenient.  Wonder how much a discount ordering 150ish locks will get me.  The Cobra 7 locks look to be $7.88/lock.  It says call if ordering over 50 locks.  Hopefully I can get them a little cheaper if I order a bunch of them.  Might give them a call tomorrow.  

I use medeco's from LSI in Orlando.  They sometimes have used cylinders they will rekey to your key, and they are a few dollars cheaper than new cylinders.  Just not always available.  You have to ask when you call. 

Was doing some research on locks/keys today after noting an electric lock that LA commented on in another string.  Very neat tech, would love to have them, but at about $190 per lock it's a non-starter for me for quite a while....

Randy, is it worth the risk when you could have private messaged?  Although unlikely, it would be bad to find out that someone in his area already has that key.  Worst case scenario, they know where at least one account is and now he has to change locks.

It's just a matter of clicking a couple times and sending a private message.  It's an extremely easy security approach.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:41 PM, CapitalCityVendingLLC said:

I may end up getting new keys at the beginning of the year also.  As we have grown over the years, our key situation has gotten a little out of hand.  We have probably 20+ keys on our key chain at this point.  To my knowledge we have back up keys for all of the locks but it is a hassle having that many keys on my hip all the time.  I always told myself it wasn't worth it but may start putting some money aside to do this.  I know having one key would be so much more convenient.  Wonder how much a discount ordering 150ish locks will get me.  The Cobra 7 locks look to be $7.88/lock.  It says call if ordering over 50 locks.  Hopefully I can get them a little cheaper if I order a bunch of them.  Might give them a call tomorrow.  

I'm currently using the Cobra 7 locks all keyed alike with my own key.  I really wish now that I'd paid the extra and got the Medico locks as I've had several of the Cobras fail and they're fairly easy to drill out (10 minutes versus several hours with a Medico)

Archived