Who's Still Making Machines

Weirdo

Hello, everyone! I'm brand new to the forums and don't have any machines yet. I came here to the bulk vending section because it's the path I'm interested in starting down, and I started looking at the recommendations for what brands of machines are good. Much to my dismay, it seems that the last few years have been quite turbulent to the bulk vending machine manufacturing industry, and actually buying the most recommended machines has become more difficult and WAY more confusing than when a lot of the posts were originally made. After searching the forums for hours, performing some Google Fu, hopping in the Internet Wayback Machine a few times, and sending out some emails, I've gotten some clarification on a lot of the former machine recommendations that I think I should summarize for the benefit of other new folks who come along so there isn't a lot of duplicated effort.

I've compiled a list of as many relatively recent brands (i.e. were still available at some point in the last ten years) as I could, and I've listed the current state of new machine availability through them as best as I can determine. I've included the ones that are no longer available to provide a definitive "nope" and head off an endless stream of "But what about <insert company>?" If I have any incorrect information, please let me know and I will update the list for the benefit of others.

• Northwestern: Very sadly, out of business. Got bought out by vending service company National Entertainment Network and were promptly dissolved. Sounds like NEN wanted to do vertical integration and manufacture their own machines, and they weren't interested in selling machines to their competitors.
  • Oak: Website disappeared in September, and new machines don't seem to be available through third-party sellers. They're still answering emails at oakmfg@aol.com, however, and they assured me today (12/12/2017) that they are still in business and should have their website back up in January. Hopefully they aren't going anywhere, because they're one of the community's favorite brands. [If anyone has actually tried to order any machines from them lately, please comment on how it went so I can provide better info.]
  • Eagle EMC: Website disappeared around October of 2016. As of June 2017, however, several posters indicated they were still selling their new machines by the pallet (50 machines) over the phone (909-447-7866). I have not called to verify if this is still the case. [If anyone has actually tried to order any machines from them lately, please comment on how it went so I can provide better info.]
  • Beaver: No question here--still manufacturing and selling new machines. Website is http://beavervending.com, and they're even an active member here in the forums. Pricey, but widely recognized as being very high quality.
  • A&A Global: Still around, but stopped making machines at some point. Now only sell vendible products and supplies.
  • 1-800 Vending: Still around, but got out of the bulk vending machine business at some point.
  • Seaga: Still around, but got out of the bulk vending machine business at some point.
  • Vendstar: So bad and so fraudulently promoted that they not only went out of business, they literally went to prison. Lots of machines available on eBay including new old stock (NOS), but they're insanely overpriced for what are widely considered some of the crappiest machines available.
  • LYPC: Not-so-lovingly said to stand for "Little Yellow Piece of Crap". Still going strong as a business, however, and one of the cheapest machines available. Sold through their two official distributors, GumballMachineFactory.com and LuckyGumball.com
  • Rhino: Pretty much the same price point as the LYPC, and pretty much the same reputation for being absolute crap. But again, still in business and available through their official distributor at gumball-machine.com
  • U-Turn: Still made, but garbage AND only available as part of U-Turn's insanely overpriced "business opportunity" program. 
  • Vendesign: Appear to have gone out of business sometime around 2013.
  • Amerivend: Appear to have gone out of business sometime around 2009/2010.
  • XYZ: Went out of business in 2009.
  • V-Line: Appear to have gone out of business quite a while ago.

3 hours ago, gumball guy said:

Talked to Eagle about a week and a half ago and they are still selling new equipment. I didn't ask about minimum order quantities. 

Called Oak the same day and left a message. Never heard back.

Whats Eagles number?

Also thats why we gotta support beaver before all thats left is those crappy brands. 

Eagle has no minimum quantity. They do drop the price if you get 10 or more and if you get 50 or more and it is significant savings if you can swing it. Same with parts. 

They have responded to emails I’ve sent and are still around. 

11 hours ago, nepavend said:

Eagle has no minimum quantity. They do drop the price if you get 10 or more and if you get 50 or more and it is significant savings if you can swing it. Same with parts. 

They have responded to emails I’ve sent and are still around. 

Thats great I have quiet a variety of machines and I prefer Eagle over the rest. I love the look of the mech, the quality of parts , the easily changeable heads while serving, the square/rectangle body and the affordability. Its more or less the price of the cheap bad machines. Sure it does not look like a A&A or a Northwestern but it looks good enough. I am going to 100 percent Eagle from now on I know i can still purchase them new.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, harbingervending said:

How much do you guys make per month, avg per machine?

National average is 7. My average is around that much. My highest head is about 45.

I see that you are new try reading the mega thread. Then everything else after that

My personal advice is to stay away from sites like candymachines.com its better to buy used on FB or 5miles or buy new from Eagle or Oak

On 12/29/2017 at 6:42 PM, Tony1565 said:

NW will be selling to operators starting Jan 2,

Eagle is actually selling lots of machines so many they are back ordered. Some orders are 4000 plus. 

I have some Rhino 2 inch never and issue

Did NW start back selling to the public?

Northwestern (now NEN ) IS NOT selling machines at the present time. From what i understand , they are planning on selling machines in the future AFTER they get things organized.  There is no website to my knowledge ....( they arent making machines yet , so what good would a website be IMO) 

On 1/9/2018 at 10:36 PM, TWvend said:

Northwestern (now NEN ) IS NOT selling machines at the present time. From what i understand , they are planning on selling machines in the future AFTER they get things organized.  There is no website to my knowledge ....( they arent making machines yet , so what good would a website be IMO) 

you don't have ti right contact.  the NEW super sixty is a little off.  They do have referb 60s for sale.  They do not have a steel supplier for the 60 yet.  Parts are available.

11 hours ago, havending said:

you don't have ti right contact.  the NEW super sixty is a little off.  They do have referb 60s for sale.  They do not have a steel supplier for the 60 yet.  Parts are available.

The Subject at hand here was “ Who’s still making machines” !  Not who’s refurbishing machines. My contact is a very good one....very direct to the source and as of right now they are NOT making machines !!!  

Archived