Buying Product in smaller quantities

SuzieSnacks

Hi All,

Okay, I have another question about purchasing smaller quantities of product, where you buy them and have you ever negotiated a deal with a store manager/owner who could order what you want through their channels, as a favour for you? I'm thinking like chain stores (big or small) that have accounts with manufacturers. Often times, I find they carry the large bags of chips but not many stores carry the smaller, 45g bags. I've asked a couple of places but usually don't get to speak to the actual person who can make that decision. My reason for asking is just to see if there is an way of getting smaller quantities of product without having to buy the cases at wholesale clubs. Thank you.

16 minutes ago, SuzieSnacks said:

Hi All,

Okay, I have another question about purchasing smaller quantities of product, where you buy them and have you ever negotiated a deal with a store manager/owner who could order what you want through their channels, as a favour for you? I'm thinking like chain stores (big or small) that have accounts with manufacturers. Often times, I find they carry the large bags of chips but not many stores carry the smaller, 45g bags. I've asked a couple of places but usually don't get to speak to the actual person who can make that decision. My reason for asking is just to see if there is an way of getting smaller quantities of product without having to buy the cases at wholesale clubs. Thank you.

Here in the States, Vendors that have small routes buy the combo packs from Sam's Club in addition to any favorites they can move in cases.  The catch 22 here is, you're going to have to get a lot bigger to make any deals and at that point you won't be interested in small quantities

• Like 1

When I first started 2 years ago, I had a merchant mart that I could go to and buy individual bags of chips, so I was able to avoid buying the large cases and didn't need to buy the variety packs during the early phase. They closed up shop a few months later, but luckily I had grown enough to where I was using all or most of the full cases sold at sams. That would probably be your only other option, if they're in your area that is, other than just buying a variety pack. 

• Like 1

Thanks Moondog.

QuikVend, did your merchant mart offer you any discount at all or was it priced low enough to make a decent profit already?

Southeast Treats, that's a great idea! I don't know any personally but I wonder if I get some numbers off of machines and make some calls?...maybe I should start a MeetUp group in my area for Vending owners to network at?... 

Wow, thank you all so much for your support and input.

7 minutes ago, SuzieSnacks said:

QuikVend, did your merchant mart offer you any discount at all or was it priced low enough to make a decent profit already?

They were just opening the large cases and settling at the same prices. So 25 cents for the 1oz and 45 cents for the 2oz