Crane Merchant 4 Combo Issue

Robcamaro

Wondering if someone can help me with this. I have a Crane Merchant 4 combo that is giving me a problem. At least once or twice a month I go to the location and the screen will have a selection number stuck on it. You can't cancel. None of the buttons will do anything. I have to turn the machine off and on again and its fine. I have replaced the main board and that didn't help. I also put a surge protector. Any ideas? 

That is very possible.  If the two machines are on the same circuit then you need to isolate them both.  The ice machine should be on it's own circuit and your machine should share with nothing more than a snack machine that pulls little current.  If the two machines are already on their own circuits you could still easily be getting interference from the relays and dump valves in the ice machine so then you would need to move your machine to another wall.

• 2 months later...

So I'm still having the same issue. The ice machine is no longer there but I'm still having the same problem. I had the main control board checked and updated. Replaced the validator and mech and disabled and unplugged the Surevend. If anybody has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Archived