Prekit for bulk toys

AMD Snacks

I'm trying to start prekitting my toy stops. A lot  busy places make it very awkward and time consuming to be in there too long servicing. Does anyone have any suggestions for bags to use? I've tried just white trash bags, but it looked bad and was sort of messy. 

I'm thinking about buying This cart and maybe These bags to put product in, hopefully get it down to a quick 10 minute a stop ordeal. 

18 hours ago, QuikVend said:

When I met up with hillbilly a few months ago,  he showed me some mesh laundry bags with drawstrings. Said those worked pretty well for him

Yeah i'm looking into those as well

17 hours ago, Bravo Duck said:

8 quart Cambro white plastic tubs, available at restaurant supply stores work very well.

Edited to add: the square ones.

I'll check those out

4 hours ago, SSVEND said:

The bags that gumballs come in. Been using those for 15 years

That's not a bad idea if I had saved enough of them over time. 

I had thought about that being an issue, wasn't too sure until I actually tried it. I ended up buying the cart, the bags I'm going to have to sample various ones until I find one I like.

My plan is get a generic plastic container from home depot that will fit my scale, receipt book, some tools and other materials, then stack on that another box with my prekit product, If i can just roll in a location, knock it out and roll out, it may work out well. Especially grocery stores and restaurants where I constantly am in the way. 

On 12/22/2017 at 8:18 PM, rodney69 said:

I try to change each head out on service cycles. I taker in the bags off toys with displays and put the old out,  dump the new new in. 

I've been doing this too lately. Do you later combine all your left overs into a treasure chest mix, or do you store to them separated to use later?

35 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

Do you later combine all your left overs into a treasure chest mix, or do you store to them separated to use later?

I have several routes with different drivers. So when stuff comes back we sort it out and rebag, putting a tag ( an old sticker folder with mix name) in the sorted bags, put them back on the shelf for the next time someone needs to pick for their load. I make a mystery mix out of the stuff that didn't sell very well or left overs ( small quantities) of random stuff. Lots of times you can mix jewelry mixes together and it is not noticeable. I NEVER discount a mystery mx of anything, You can always come up with an attractive display card with some leader items to move otherwise slow stuff.

1 minute ago, musser said:

I have several routes with different drivers. So when stuff comes back we sort it out and rebag, putting a tag ( an old sticker folder with mix name) in the sorted bags, put them back on the shelf for the next time someone needs to pick for their load. I make a mystery mix out of the stuff that didn't sell very well or left overs ( small quantities) of random stuff. Lots of times you can mix jewelry mixes together and it is not noticeable. I NEVER discount a mystery mx of anything, You can always come up with an attractive display card with some leader items to move otherwise slow stuff.

And there's where I got it from!  Lol

• Haha 1

I used to have a lot of really long routes. The idea was to take some of the labor cost off the route and put in the shop. Route labor is expensive, mileage, wages, meals, lodging. I didn't want route people fumbling around in the van with unorganized product. The shop person made a little less in wages also. I have shrunk a lot and no longer have a dedicated shop person but there is still a great advantage to it. When everyone is gone I can walk out to the shop, look at the shelves and see very quickly if I need to order. If I see a box of face cards and no product I know to order the product! Its easy to spot the dogs too, because no one wants to take it out and it is sitting there every time you look!!!

Makes sense, I personally never understood selling the mystery mix for less either since the product cost you the same. For some reason my mystery 1" mix sells better than my random 1" products i've bought, i.e. monkeys, puppys, ice cream danglers. 

As an update, I've been doing prekits for the last week on some of my gacha's, just using  some random laundry type bags I had from amazon and it's been working great. Also, not sure how everyone else does it, but lately i've been going in, collect the money and count, pay their commission, then come back to the car and get exactly what product I need to fill/swap whatever. I never used to take two trips, but it's saving me all sort of hassle, and not taking up as much space in whatever business i'm working in. 

I guess for me it would depend on the set up. I feel like a 50cent two inch item and a 50cent 1 inch item on the same rack would look funny. Most of my mystery mix isn't cheap items, just items I either couldn't find more of, or remnants of a good item that I'm just not restocking at the moment. But that being said, out of all my two inch heads, I only have one mystery mix out there, so i'm still growing and learning. 

53 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

As an update, I've been doing prekits for the last week on some of my gacha's, just using  some random laundry type bags I had from amazon and it's been working great. Also, not sure how everyone else does it, but lately i've been going in, collect the money and count, pay their commission, then come back to the car and get exactly what product I need to fill/swap whatever. I never used to take two trips, but it's saving me all sort of hassle, and not taking up as much space in whatever business i'm working in. 

That's how I do mine. I carry my scale in, collect and pay commission. Then go out and grab exactly what I need.