Vestil Moving Dollies - Experience / Opinions?

bulknoob

I'm looking at acquiring one of these moving dolly systems to move beverage/snack machines, either the MFM-1300 or MFM-4000:

http://www.vestilmfg.com/products/mhequip/furniture_mover.asp

I like that the wheels are good sized on the MFM-1300, and that you can raise the item you're moving several inches off of the ground for clearance where you may need it. My concern with it is the narrowness of the platform on each dolly, that the machine could become unstable if the ground you're moving over is too uneven. The MFM-4000 has the wider platforms, but it feels like a little bit of overkill with the 4,000 lb. weight capacity.

I think these price in the $500's and I'm just curious whether anyone has had experience with them, good or bad.

I have a set of those crate movers.

Got mine from Northern Tool.

The straps they come with are garbage, get heavier duty straps to use with them.

I like the larger wheels over the piano mover dollies and have found that they are useful to get heavy low equipment like Vendo stackers on to pallets by yourself - you can crank machines up a good 12 inches or so if needed (wouldn't do it with the stock straps)

Have used them to clam shell machines through door ways.

That said, they are awkward to use, straps are required or the foot plates will slip out from under the machines and they are a pain to haul around

These days I use a mini pallet jack almost exclusively to move equipment, like this one:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200680712_200680712

Cheaper then the crate movers, easier to handle and haul, safer.

I still have to use crate overs/dollies on occasion, but preference is for the pallet jack.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this dolly system on Amazon and have already used it to move a couple of machines. Its a little more time consuming to hook them up, and I add another 2” strap higher up to make sure it’s secure, but they are working well so far. Just wanted to update the thread in case the info is useful to anyone down the road; thanks again for the suggestions. 

74B1B2CD-991E-4182-8C34-F53EA494E80B.jpeg

1 hour ago, bulknoob said:

I found this dolly system on Amazon and have already used it to move a couple of machines. Its a little more time consuming to hook them up, and I add another 2” strap higher up to make sure it’s secure, but they are working well so far. Just wanted to update the thread in case the info is useful to anyone down the road; thanks again for the suggestions. 

74B1B2CD-991E-4182-8C34-F53EA494E80B.jpeg

Not being critical but those look like walkers for old people lol

I use an Anderson dolly. I have move a DN5000 with it. What I have found is it is almost more important to put a strap over the top, as one around it. If you are on any kind of uneven ground without a top strap, the machine can slide off the lifting lip.it would happen when I would roll it up on my box truck liftgate.

Archived