Quarters only?

57thTom

If I understand what I've read in the coinmech manuals it would be possible to teach coinmechs to only take quarters. I understand that doing so would open a Pandora's Box of other problems, but the person counting the money doesn't want to separate dimes and nickles, I guess.

Get a coin sorter or fire the person who doesn't want to do their job.  If you want to only accept quarters then you must have all pricing in quarter increments and coin mechs with more than one quarter tube.

That is similar to mine.  I have seen older commercial sorters as well as very new jetsorts in action.  I can assure you that it is absolutely NOTHING like a jetsort, but it can count change faster than you or i can.  I can count bills by hand while it counts change.  So counting say.. $75 in bills and $32 in change may only take 30 seconds to a minute.  On the other hand, a bill counter in conjunction with a jet sort would probably do the same in 10 seconds flat.  The difference in speef between the two is far more drastic when you are counting say $200 in bills and $90 in change.  I bet a jetsort and bill counter would do that in 20 seconds.

If you aren't willing to spend some bucks, the one in your link is okay.  May as well buy two so you can count two bqtches at once lol.

I have that royal sovereign coin sorter. It dies a pretty good job, but depending on the amounts you're counting weekly, you'll wear it out. I outgrew mine. I went with the scan coin that orsd mentioned. It is probably 3 times as fast as the royal. I ended up outgrowing that a well and bought a jetsort 3000. That thing is crazy fast a long as you steadily feed it instead of dump it all. For the price, the scan coin is probably the way to go for a small to medium operation. 

I don't really like the royal sovereign, too much like a toy or home use machine.  I just got very lucky and picked up a used jet sort for $100. Loving life so much more compared to my old coin mate  sorter counter. Keeping the old unit for when I need to roll coin....

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 12:21 AM, BlindVending said:

I have 3 of the scan coin sc22's from a closed down retail chain. I had them professionally serviced and still hate the things. Make me an offer. 

Still have what you asking 

Archived