Chinese Manufactered Vending Machines

bkelly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
44 minutes ago, Coffee Monster said:

can you give a specific example of why is it so bad?

1. Quality. The Chinese do the minimum they can to still meet the spec. They will cut corners wherever possible. No pride in thier work. And they don’t care about reputation or repeat business. This leads to poor quality and breakdowns. They work at first but quickly break down

2. Maintainability. First off, the technical documentation is crap. Second, there is no tech support. I can pick up the phone right now and call any of the American manufacturers and get support for any machine made in the last 20 years. I can also get parts for a lot of them as well. Chinese companies, good luck getting someone who speaks English. Parts, a lot of times they buy whatever is cheapest, and they will switch parts randomly. No replacements, and even if there was it’s gonna be really hard to get the right one.

3. Most techs and vending companies offer  parts and support for American stuff primarily, because serious vendors don’t use Chinese stuff. You will struggle to find someone to fix your Chinese stuff. Also, companies like vendors exchange offer aftermarket upgrades for American stuff.

2 minutes ago, orsd said:

1. Quality. The Chinese do the minimum they can to still meet the spec. They will cut corners wherever possible. No pride in thier work. And they don’t care about reputation or repeat business. This leads to poor quality and breakdowns. They work at first but quickly break down

2. Maintainability. First off, the technical documentation is crap. Second, there is no tech support. I can pick up the phone right now and call any of the American manufacturers and get support for any machine made in the last 20 years. I can also get parts for a lot of them as well. Chinese companies, good luck getting someone who speaks English. Parts, a lot of times they buy whatever is cheapest, and they will switch parts randomly. No replacements, and even if there was it’s gonna be really hard to get the right one.

3. Most techs and vending companies offer  parts and support for American stuff primarily, because serious vendors don’t use Chinese stuff. You will struggle to find someone to fix your Chinese stuff. Also, companies like vendors exchange offer aftermarket upgrades for American stuff.

that makes so much sense. It looks like we are battling two main issues with Chinese vending machines manufacturers - quality and post-sales support. Assuming if the machine dispenses 30+ items a day, support will be very important...thanks Orsd for explaining. 

15 minutes ago, tc vending said:

Chinese machines are junk because of poor workmanship, no tech support, and no parts.

why cant you call them up w/ the help from a native speaker friend, to get parts and troubleshoot? 

What I'm trying to understand is if this is a problem with the language/culture or just pure bad business practice that the Chinese manufacturers lead. 

4 minutes ago, Coffee Monster said:

why cant you call them up w/ the help from a native speaker friend, to get parts and troubleshoot? 

What I'm trying to understand is if this is a problem with the language/culture or just pure bad business practice that the Chinese manufacturers lead. 

Good luck find contact info and getting them to answer if you do.

Also, even if you do manage to get ahold of them, and they somehow acutally find the part, you will either spend and arm and a golpher for expedited shipping or have to wait for the slow boat. Meanwhile, your machine is broke and I fixed my golpher 3 weeks ago.

The other part is the Chinese machines are not designed for repairs. I can pull the refrigeration deck on a DN 501E using 3 tools in 20 minutes. On an import, that is at least a 3 hour, 12 beer job, involving, among other things, an angle grinder and a colorful vocabulary.

1 hour ago, orsd said:

Good luck find contact info and getting them to answer if you do.

Also, even if you do manage to get ahold of them, and they somehow acutally find the part, you will either spend and arm and a golpher for expedited shipping or have to wait for the slow boat. Meanwhile, your machine is broke and I fixed my golpher 3 weeks ago.

The other part is the Chinese machines are not designed for repairs. I can pull the refrigeration deck on a DN 501E using 3 tools in 20 minutes. On an import, that is at least a 3 hour, 12 beer job, involving, among other things, an angle grinder and a colorful vocabulary.

i see now. this is very specific thank you for your input!

1 hour ago, tc vending said:

If you wish to try out Chinese machines let us know in 6 months to a year what happens. Read some of the old post from other vendors.

will do!

Archived