Where to buy machines

taypnguyen

Hi all, I am new to these postings. I have been reading a lot about vending and am ready to purchase my first machines but I still haven't found a clear answer on what machines are the best or good to buy and where to buy them. I know this has been posted before but like I said it just seem to be too many mixed reviews, so I am asking the question agian. Thanks.

Unfortunately Tay, you will get as many different answers as there are operators. It seems that everyone has their own strong opinions about one machine or another. 

In the end, you will find that most machines will hold up admirably. There are few exceptions but as long as you look for the basics in a machine you will not go wrong.

Look for things like...

• Metal, drop through coin mech
  • Metal body
  • Appropriate vending wheel
  • Coin tray's are good but not important in determining quality.
If you have the basics you should have very little problems as a rule. The best piece of advice I can give you is just to get a machine. You will never know what features are important to you as an operator until you either have them or need them. 

For the most part, I don't think anyone, myself included, ever purchased the "perfect" machine the first time. No matter how much research you put into this purchase. 

Steve   

:)Great Advice Steve, spun you a quarter!

Yes, I understand your spot Tay as I haven't purchased mine as yet but i think i want to try the A & A - one other problem is how much capacity should i get 8lb, 101b or 12lb.  To some it may seem easy but since i will try to eliminate waste i just would rather my candy to fill up all the machines with little or none left over but I've also accepted the fact that Vending is an "ON THE JOB" training and your really never gonna know until you dip your toes in.  Mistakes are inevitably but lessons they are. 

live n' learn ....to be the best you can be I say....

Thanks,

SHEN

As long as you don't get:

Vendstar, Gumball Machine Warehouse (or machines that look like there's), Seaga, 1-800, and     U-Turn.

All others are fine. Oak, Northwestern, and A&A are the best to use!

Kyle 

Aside from being dashingly handsome and inexpensive, are there any issues with Seagas you're aware of?

O yes. There coin mechs are not worth anything. They turn backward very easy, and there just an all around bad machine. The heads are loose on the stand, and sometimes come off (as did with me) with very easy pulling force to one side. There stands even stink.

Kyle - SEAGA HATER!! 

Thanks for the input, Kyle.  I have a Seaga double I haven't located yet sitting in my kitchen (yeah, I use my kitchen, the garage has a bowflex :) ).  Can you tell me how to pull the head off with easy pulling?  I'll try it right now and return the machine if that's the case.

I am aware of the head coming off also. I had one of the Seagas that was a lot worse than the others. Just a gentle push on the head and you could see a huge gap between the head and base. One place I had a double Seaga I spent way to much time there working on the machine every timed I serviced it. It now has a single head Northwestern with gumballs and pulls in the same money without any hassles.

Thanks

Thanks kink! See I am not making this up! That gap on seaga makes people "think" they can get to the quarters, so they push even HARDER and they actually pulled mine over so far it bent the center rod, and all they had to do was tilt the machine to the slid, and the quarters slid out !!!!!

Ahhh, I see what happened here, guys.  In the very bottom of the Millenia, the center rod screws into the base, and has an adjusting nut to set how high the center rod runs through the machine.  Yours must have come loose over time, or perhaps shipped with a slighly mis-adjusted center rod.  If that's set too high, the machine won't be held tight, and it makes sense that having a little play there would allow somebody to tug hard and bend the rod.

My rod was to long, a factory defect. Not to mention the 6 coin mechs I had replace in a year! I just trashed the thing! 

Kyle

Yikes.  Hell of a defect!  I have at least an inch of threads on my center rod for adjustment.  Might I humbly recommend that you return defective machines, rather than locate them :) 

Any issues other than that defective machine?

Hi all, I am new to these postings. I have been reading a lot about vending and am ready to purchase my first machines but I still haven't found a clear answer on what machines are the best or good to buy and where to buy them. I know this has been posted before but like I said it just seem to be too many mixed reviews, so I am asking the question agian. Thanks.

I have experience with Seagas and bought some A&A's recently.  The A&A is the better machine.  I just placed 4 A&A singles and purchased more.  The square globe makes it both easier to clean globe and empty out product.  You can also change wheel settings without taking the globe off, just take off the lid.  The heavy duty coin mech rotates more smoothly.  I am no longer buying Seagas. 

Just my experiences,

Ginger Vend

With what some of the vendors have stated in this forum should scare people away from the Seagas. Adjusting the rod, putting a half inch washer on the coin mech., lifting the whole machine off the base to clean out the money, and so on. Who wants all them problems, not me.

Thanks

i agree. i am in the process of buying 260 singles and doubles. i was looking at seaga's but now i am not so sure.  I am thinking of buying machines off ebay. Is that a risky proposition. i have read some members have gotten some good deals by using ebay.

Also what is the website for the a&a machines. I cant seem to find it when i google the name? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Mike

If you are going new I would go AA, oak or northwestern, I run oak. I have never tried seaga though.

Now, let me through a wrench into this: On craigslist sometimes there are really, really good deals and it can help you grow fast. I bought 30 vendstars for 25ea and before everyone jumps on me for buying a crapy machine, realize that once on location they paid for themselves in 1 1/2 months and I still run em a year or so later.

30 spots.....

just a thought

Jimbo

i agree. i am in the process of buying 260 singles and doubles. i was looking at seaga's but now i am not so sure.  I am thinking of buying machines off ebay. Is that a risky proposition. i have read some members have gotten some good deals by using ebay.

Also what is the website for the a&a machines. I cant seem to find it when i google the name? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Mike

http://www.aaglobalind.com

Steve

Mike

mike do you already have routes that you run?   only reason i ask is the part about buying 260 machines.  i would really suggest buying a few, maybe 10 machines and go from there.

1.learn to locate

2.run them a few times

3.find out if you really like singles, doubles, or triples

4. then decide if you even like running a route before you start with that many