December Earnings

What The Deck

Earnings report for December.

A few quick notes before I get into it; most of my locations have holiday hours through the first week of January, as a result sales at those locations have been much slower. Along with that I was only able to collect 2 both times in the month the others were just the first two weeks of December.  Finally Things have been going either really good or really bad at the day job depending on how you look at things. We are down to four people running the store so I have been working everyday except Christmas this month. The paychecks have been great but has left me with no time to locate or work on cleaning up the ultravends I acquired earlier this month.

Location #1 Hair Salon placed 10/26

Hershey Nuggets

Sales: $6.16        

Cost of Goods: $2.45

Profit: $3.71

Only one collection this month

Location #2 Hair Salon placed 10/26

Hershey Nuggets

Sales: $.25

Cost of Goods: $.09

Profit: $.16

This one was open for three days closed until 1/5/18

Location #3 Chinese Restaurant placed 11/6

Emoji Gumballs

Sales: $4.97

Cost of Goods: $.93

Profit: $4.04

Location #4 Candle Shop Placed 11/14

Mixed Nuts

Sales: $5.69

Cost of Goods: $.2.86

Profit: $2.83

Only one Collection this month.

Location #5 Quilt/Gun Shop placed 11/14

Skittles

Sales: $.71

Cost of Goods: $.24

Profit: $.47

Switching this one to Reese’s Pieces soon

Total

Sales: $17.77

Cost of Goods: $6.57

Profit: 11.20

Last Months

Sales: $26.07

Cost of Goods: $9.09

Profit: 16.98

Year to Date

Sales: $43.84

Cost of Goods: $15.66

Profit: $28.18

3 hours ago, What The Deck said:

I collect bi weekly.  The last vendor in the area neglected their machines so alot of the locations I could only get into with a promise of checking every 2 weeks

Good lord biweekly is far too close together. Pull #2 and #5 right now that insanely low

2 hours ago, BryanH said:

Good lord biweekly is far too close together. Pull #2 and #5 right now that insanely low

#2 closed early for the winter, the owners go south for a month so they wanted me to pull the candy out while they were out of town, last month it did almost $6

#5 I want to try switching to Reese's pieces first before pulling, when I first placed I asked the owners what kind of candy the thought would do well, they recommended Skittles. Since then I've found out that whole family likes Reese's Pieces so I think that will do alot better.

Right now I'm expecting slower sales for a while, the last week has had temps -5to -20 as a high and no sign of warming up any time soon. It's also a small town (2,600) with a large chunk that goes down south for the winter. It's just the nature of the best for now it'll pick up in a couple months

1 hour ago, gumball guy said:

Yeah going every two weeks kind of defeats the purpose. Let your customers know you are going to move your service dates out to at least 60 days. If they don't like it then find another location.

Right now trying to build up trust. One location I have the last vendors machine got bugs in it, they called multiple times about it he never showed up so after two months they threw the machine away. Lots of businesses around here had similar issues so where I have been able to get in it was with a promise of coming biweekly. Once I have a few months proving I will take care of the machines I will be able to start pushing out collections. Either way the route only takes 30 minutes give or take to collect and it's all on the same block, right now it's about building trust back in the community.

Archived