How to break into my own machines

iceebear19727

I had all my game keys stolen out of my vehicle and I'm in the process of having to break into all my machines. I was going to do a lock replacement that afternoon and had my box of spare locks and keys on me, which also was taken. 

I had about 30 keys for my 47 machines. As I'm still a one-woman business, this has been a pretty devastating blow.  I have over 40 Beaver locks that used only 3 keys and I've yet to find anywhere with Beaver locks less than $13 not including shipping. You guys can do the math...

I am unsure how to proceed with breaking into a few of my machines.

First question, should I attempt to drill out a lock on the glass door? They're Coast to Coast Challenger cranes. Can the top possibly be removed? 

For my 6 mech Sticker machine (pic attached) , there's a lock found under the top 3-mech assembly after you lift the assembly out. Unlocking it allows you to remove the bottom 3-mech assembly. Does someone know what type of lock it is? There's also one on top that lets you take the first 3-mech assembly out. 

I'm pretty inexperienced in locks and types and best places to get them. Same with power tools haha I learned yesterday to lubricate the bit to keep it from getting too hot... 

I'd appreciate any tips offered on this situation.

Anyone have Beaver keys? S2 and S29 flat, B205, A906, A5120 flat or tubular (can't remember) 

Tubular - 5224, 8075, 8252, 8434, 8504,

Flat - EC 102, SA104, SA115, 217, 695, A005, 

Half circle - 188

Willing to pay for them and for your time searching of course... 

• 3 weeks later...

Beaver will sell them to you if there's not another owner close by,  the crane keys are probably stock still from the manufacturer,  if not,  you'll need to have a locksmith do it.  It'll cost a lot,  but not all of those locks will be easy to drill if you don't have experience doing this.

Not that this helps,  but this is why I use route locks.  I use about 6 keys for the whole route.  I keep one set in my service bag,  one on me,  and one in the shop. At any time I can order a back up key. 

Archived