Movin on up

QuikVend

Finally upgraded my service vehicle. I bought a Toyota Sienna last August for $800. Gutted the back and turned it into a cargo van. It was a major upgrade from my F150 at the time. Was able to run that for nearly a year and no issues then it died. Then while I hunted for a good deal on a larger and more reliable cargo van, I started running out of my pickup again. Damn does that sucks! 4 months later I finally pulled the trigger. 2017 Ford Transit 150 with the medium roof. I can actually stand and work in it! 

BEFORE:

download_20160605_182536

AFTER:

20171230_191303

Now I just need to figure out my design for the cargo area. I plan on building my own custom setup. Anybody have any pictures of their setups to give me some inspiration? 

I have thought about buying one of these vehicles myself. Just curious, how tall is the roof? Unless your really short, I would have thought you couldn't stand up straight in this thing. Either way, congrats and it's a good looking vehicle. I especially like the white color.

To answer your question, I have actually done searches on craigslist for these things and there found a bunch of different things people did to their van. Obviously shelves on the each side are a common thing to hold more product and will also save your back. Also, somebody correct me if I am wrong but I feel like placing the heavier drinks in the middle makes more sense where the van can support more weight and is better for the chassis.

The medium roof transit is about maybe 72 or 73" from floor to ceiling, but I added a plywood floor and with shoes on I easily touch the ceiling with my head (I am slightly above 6'0").  I actually have to turn my head slightly in order to stand straight up with my plywood floor.  So anyone under 5'10" would probably have zero issues (except for the supports that span across the roof every few feet) with headroom.  And yes, being above 6'0" will mean that you have to slouch a bit to avoid the roof, but I really don't have to move too much to reach everything inside so it's a non-issue.  I think the tall version gives you an extra 8 inches or something along those lines.  It looks like Anacapa has the tall roof model so, unless he's over 6'7", I would imagine he can stand up perfectly fine and probably even jump in it without hitting the roof.

I'll try to take some pictures for you tomorrow.  I just haven't gotten inside my truck because it's been too cold!  Hopefully the battery didn't die on me.

13 hours ago, vendman0729 said:

I have thought about buying one of these vehicles myself. Just curious, how tall is the roof? Unless your really short, I would have thought you couldn't stand up straight in this thing. Either way, congrats and it's a good looking vehicle. I especially like the white color.

To answer your question, I have actually done searches on craigslist for these things and there found a bunch of different things people did to their van. Obviously shelves on the each side are a common thing to hold more product and will also save your back. Also, somebody correct me if I am wrong but I feel like placing the heavier drinks in the middle makes more sense where the van can support more weight and is better for the chassis.

My van is the middle roof, so it has around 72" of clearance inside, other than the beams on the roof. The low roof version is like a normal cargo van. I did get into one of those to see how much room I would have, and I was hunched over pretty good. If I put a slight bend in my knees or slightly tilt my head, I can wall freely in my van. 

I've read through a few old pays and looked at some pictures. I just like to see a bunch of different setups and grab the things I like. 

11 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I'll try to take some pictures for you tomorrow.  I just haven't gotten inside my truck because it's been too cold!  Hopefully the battery didn't die on me.

No rush. I have a temporary setup. I don't really want to be out vending right now, let alone building shelves lol.

1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

header-about.jpg2 exterior bays on each side if you're heavy snack, 3 if you're heavy on soft drinks. All heavy product handled from ground level.  

Those would be nice. Maybe in a few years lol.

Archived