Difference Between WIttern 3185 and USI 3185 Snack Vendor

fhamann

I am considering purchasing a Wittern 3185 snack machine. I haven't checked it out yet but the seller says it is in good condition for $300. Is this machine worth it? I believe it has a drop sensor. According to the USA Tech card reader Eport compatibility chart, the USI 3185 is compatible, but does not list the Wittern 3185. Photos of the machine on the web seem to show both machines look identical. Is there a difference between the Wittern 3185 and the USI 3185?
regards,
Frank,
Orange, CA

Yea, unless the machine is beat to heck, that's a steal.  As AZVendor said, if it's MDB, you can throw a reader on.  Well worth the $300.  We have a handful of those machines and they are nice.  They aren't state of the art but you aren't going to find anything close to that for $300.  See if he/she has more.  If they do, buy them all...

As long as it's a newer model with a GVC control board it should be fine.  If it didn't ship with a DEX port you can order the cable and connector for about $5 (plus shipping) to get your data.  Wittern/USI was bad about making DEX an option instead of standard, but I don't know about newer machines.  It should be MDB so the card reader will work fine, I have several on older units, and even with F80 control boards the credit card functions normally, just can't get the DEX data or product mapping on the MDB. 

Archived