DN501e Not Returning Change (bills or coins)

bulknoob

Trying To figure this one out, when I deposit a dollar bill, or coins, the return button will not return either.  Mechanically, the return button / lever appears to be engaging the coin mechanism properly. I’ve checked the ESC user escrow option and that’s set to “E-S1”.  If I remember correctly, when I press the service button, that cancels the transaction and the paper money or the coins are returned immediately, so the machine physically has the ability to return the coins. I feel like this must be a setting somewhere, but I’ve been through the manual and don’t see any other settings that would cause this. I have attached a photo of the bill acceptor, just in case that is helpful.  Thanks for any suggestions. 

EC6A7F29-FA71-4691-9A7A-7DAF63E7AE26.jpeg

You might have to do a coin fill and insert coins manually so that they are counted in the coin mech.  However, I have had problems where I had to actually replace the coin mech for some reason.  So.. if you have a spare mech, swap it out and see if it resolves the problem.  If not, try performing a coin fill which requires you to empty the coin mech, go to the coin fill option, and insert coins directly into the top of the coin mech one at a time until you have filled everything.  That might fix your problem.

If the c/r function still doesn't work when you depress the coin mech lever by hand then you have a bad coin return on your coin mech that isn't registering the depression of the lever.  You need to replace it.  If you need one you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Just an update, I think I was able to isolate the problem as being the escrow release switch on the actual coin mech. When I put a dollar or coins in the machine with the door open and then reach around to the escrow release switch, if I push it hard enough and maybe jiggle a little, it triggers and the money is returned. But there’s no way the button / lever assembly that links to the front of the machine is going to be able to trigger that switch. So it looks like I’m going to have to swap out the whole mechanism because od that switch. Thanks for all of the suggestions. 

some machines have a forced vend option, put dollar in, make selection, receive change, but... with forced vend, once cash is in, and customer changes their mind, the machine will NOT give back the cash, forcing a vend to happen.

Archived